FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Russia v Uruguay and Portugal v Iran for me today, unless Portugal go up 2-0 early then I'll switch it over.

People saying England should want to come 2nd in their group are annoying. It basically amounts to a potential Quarter Final (at this point) against Mexico or Switzerland instead of Brazil or Germany, but Mexico beat Germany and Switzerland drew with Brazil, so I don't see it as a huge difference. Yes, the bigger sides have that tournament nous perhaps but I don't think any team is outperforming us currently. I'd put us in the upper echelon of performers with Russia, Belgium, Croatia and Mexico.

Plus, mainly, you should want to win every game to build confidence, momentum and prove you can beat good teams such as Belgium.

12 minutes ago, Spainanite said:

I don't want England to come second, I want them to come last in the group.

Brexit means Brexit and that means we're dragging you down with us. We're all one big, happy family! 🤗

• Like 1

I think even Phil Jones' facial expressions are out of the range of motion capture.

• Admin

This just in: Egypt have apologised for an incorrect team sheet which appeared to leave Liverpool star Mohamed Salah out of their starting line-up to face Saudi Arabia. Salah has been struggling with a shoulder injury suffered in the Champions League final in May and is also reported to be considering quitting international football due to his unhappiness at being used for political ends by the federation and politicians in Chechnya, where the team have been based.

But his omission appears to have been nothing more than human error, with an apology being issued after the original team sheet included Amr Warda instead of Salah. Goalkeeper Essam El Hadary, 45, was included and will become the oldest player ever to feature in a World Cup finals.