Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the like, 15 assists. :)

Chelsea's in-form Didier Drogba believes he is close to being as good as Thierry Henry, who is regarded as being one of the world's finest strikers.

The 27-year-old has studied the France international's game over the years and has tried to recreate the striker's pace and finishing in front of goal.

Drogba, who has 10 Premiership goals this season to the Arsenal star's 25, thinks he is near to finalising his Henry impression.

"For a long time I studied the way Thierry Henry played and I tried to imitate him, but he always seemed to me to be on another planet compared to my game," explained Drogba.

"I've always believed players who are better than me should be a source of inspiration, not embarrassment.

"My dream is to copy Thierry's speciality of beating a player for pace then curling his shot along the ground and past the keeper.

"So far I've never quite managed to get my imitation just right. I'm getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry."

For those who haven't read it. I really hate players like that, arrogant as you like. You won't be as good as Henry and you know it. Plus, look at the honours Henry has compared to you to.

Edited by Gooner4Life

I don't see how he's being cocky. He said that he wants to be as good a player as Henry.

I can't see the harm or any offense in what Drogba has said. We all know that Henry is a better all round player, and Drogba hasn't said that he is better than him, merely that he has tried to model his play on Henry. More complimentary than arrogant.

Yes, he did.

Read it next time, it clearly says:

"So far I've never quite managed to get my imitation just right. I'm getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry."

Which is completely 100% false.

Erm, he isn't saying that he's better than Henry. I don't know how that can be taken from what he said. He said that he feels he is getting closer (even though I know as a Chelsea fan, he's not).

Wow...can you simply not read or something?

He's saying that he is "getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry", which means he thinks that...well, thinks that he is nearly as brilliant as Henry, and that's not true. He's not even the best striker at Chelsea IMO. He's a good player yes, but not in Henry's league and never will be.

No. He said he feels he's getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry Henry. He is thusly suggesting that:

[1] Theirry Henry is world class and brilliant.

[2] He feels he is getting close to achieveing a level of greatness like Henry.

You are assuming he means he'll be as great and then greater than Henry. He has not suggested this himself. Don't worry - Henry will still be great.

No. He said he feels he's getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry Henry. He is thusly suggesting that:

[1] Theirry Henry is world class and brilliant.

[2] He feels he is getting close to achieveing a level of greatness like Henry.

You are assuming he means he'll be as great and then greater than Henry. He has not suggested this himself. Don't worry - Henry will still be great.

I think it's open to interpretation now I read it again. However, I think my interpretation is right. :D

He's says (essentially) that he wants to be just like Henry, and that he is looking to copy him. Then he goes on to say he's getting close to being as brilliant as Henry. That to me screams "I'm nearly on Henry's level". Sorry Didier, but you aren't anywhere near Henry's level, and your not brilliant, you're simply a decent player playing in a fantastic team.

I think it's open to interpretation now I read it again. However, I think my interpretation is right. :D

NO! He said that he thought he had a large penis, and he wanted to butt s3xx0rz Henry with Morinhio watching and cracking a liquorish whip.

:pervert:

...I think you just turned me on...

Maybe he said all that in French and it lost something in translation. Possibly.

And anyway Lee Steele > Thierry Henry > Didier Drogba

...who?

Anyway, no Henry or Ljungberg tomorrow, but Campbell should be fit.

And Steve Clarke has hit back at claims from Reyes and Lauren that they are boring to watch. I half agree with Reyes and Lauren, whilst they aren't boring to watch, but if I were a neutral, I would prefer to watch Arsenal and Man Utd. I prefer to watch Utd over Chelsea anyway tbh. And then later in the interview Clarke says it is good for English football to break the monopoly of Utd/Arsenal domination and then says he wants Chelsea to win the league for the next 5 to 10 years.

Contradicting himself a bit isn't he. Same will happen when Chelsea are dominating and that will also get boring you bloody idiot.

...who?

Anyway, no Henry or Ljungberg tomorrow, but Campbell should be fit.

Dont tell me you havent heard of the Denis Bergkamp of east London, Lee Steele?

>_>

...Dennis who? :shifty:

Yes, he did.

Read it next time, it clearly says:

Which is completely 100% false.

Erm, he isn't saying that he's better than Henry. I don't know how that can be taken from what he said. He said that he feels he is getting closer (even though I know as a Chelsea fan, he's not).