Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reyes Henry

We need Campbell back

Today was the first time i felt a liking towards Fabregas. Lauren with a penalty??????? Holy god, and he scored. ~~~~ Henry was not atall upto his usual standard and Lehman had a decent game...... 5-4 ... One hell of a thriller....

Oh... and Tottenham's Ziegler was simply brilliant. Great guy, and has a great future

Looks as if we are going to complete the signing of Emmanuel Eboue from Beveren in the January transfer window, he looked good in pre-season along with Marco Né. However, I would still prefer a more established defender, Samuel Kuffour has recently pleaded with Wenger to make a move for him and I hope he does as he has all the valuble Wenger attributes, power, pace and technique. And is also good in the air, Eboue has all these too.

Only problem is, I beleive Kuffour is cup-tied in the CL.

Arsenal look set to seal their move for Emanuel Eboue, with Beveren chairman Frans van Hoof admitting a deal could be done this week.

The Ivory Coast international impressed in pre-season with The Gunners, and Arsene Wenger is keen to bring the player in this January.

Arsenal have been blighted by defensive injuries this season, and their longstanding 'feeder' arrangement with Beveren means that the clubs are keen to complete the deal.

"We have had discussions with Arsenal and there could possibly be a decision in the next few days," said van Hoof.

"We are considering whether Arsenal could let us have some of their young players in exchange for Eboue.

"It is a pity for us to lose him but that is the way things go."

eboue_manu.jpg

Emanuel Eboue

And here is the Kuffour story:

Bayern Munich defender Samuel Kuffour is encouraging Arsenal to make an offer for his services.

Kuffour is out of contract at the end of the season and appears likely to leave the German giants in the summer.

The Bavarian outfit have hinted they will trim their squad for next season and Ghanaian stopper Kuffour is tipped to be part of the cull.

He has spent over a decade with Bayern and pocketed a string of honours but he is now setting his sights on a move to The Premiership.

The 28-year-old admits his wife wants to live in England and he is hoping his likely availability will tempt Arsenal into a bid.

"My wife Francisca wants to live in England," commented Kuffour.

"She has family there and I'd like to play for Arsenal.

"I like the way they play for each other."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has recently admitted his defence is suffering from a crisis of confidence and may perceive Kuffour as a recruit who could inject some steel back into his rearguard.

kuffour_poise.jpg

Samuel Kuffour

Got both from planetfootball.com

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I remember seeing him play in the Amsterdam tournament, from what I saw he was pretty good, after hearing they returned to their clubs without any further action I assumed that was it for them. I'm always open to new signings, especially when its someone fairly unknown and Wenger has something to do with it.

I'd like someone established too, but its just finding that person. Come out Ledley, whereever you are :lol:

Stack charged with rape

Arsenal footballer Graham Stack was today charged with raping a 21-year-old girl at his home, Scotland Yard said.

The 23-year-old goalkeeper, who is on loan at Millwall, was charged following the alleged rape in Beckenham, south east London on September 1.

Stack, a Republic of Ireland Under-21 international, was bailed to appear at Bromley Magistrates Court on November 23.

Stack played throughout Arsenal's run to the Carling Cup semi-finals last season and is on loan at Millwall until the end of the season.

Allan Smillie, 22, an operations analyst, of Feltham, south west London, was also charged with sexual assault on the same date. He will also appear at Bromley Magistrates Court on November 23.

Edited by public enemy

I don't trust him.

He has that look, don't know why. He will be released by Arsenal pretty soon if these allegations are correct.

Problem is he is a fantastic 'keeper who, if the allegations are correct, will have ruined what would've been a brilliant career. I hope they're false, and I have a feeling he'll be proved innocent...

I don't trust him.

He has that look, don't know why. He will be released by Arsenal pretty soon if these allegations are correct.

Problem is he is a fantastic 'keeper who, if the allegations are correct, will have ruined what would've been a brilliant career. I hope they're false, and I have a feeling he'll be proved innocent...

Ok, "IS" was the wrong word, I think "WOULD/COULD BE" suits it better. He could easily be Arsenal's number 1 one day if he was there, and the only reason he couldn't be Ireland number 1 is because Shay Given is a great 'keeper.

Goalkeeper is definately an odd position - you can't blood a GK the same way you can Fabregras, you know 20 minutes here and there. That's why I don't think he could ever make it to no1 - I don't think Wenger would want to take the risk. I could see him signing Frey or someone from the continent.

I personally don't see Stack or Taylor becoming our number 1. Taylor should have been in that seaosn when he played 10 games in the league, but since his shoulder injury he is not as good as he was, I think he could have been Englands number 1 one day, but I see him joining a championship side permanentley soon.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I've never thought much of Taylor, I liked Stack to an extent, but neither will ever be given the chance at Arsenal. As has been previously said, you can't give a Goalkeeper experience without games. Now we've just signed Almunia too, I don't know where to rate this guy as he's come out of nowhere and his only chances will be in the league cup.

Basically if Arsenal want to replace Lehmann, they'll need someone around the age of 19/30+ with plently of experience and plenty of talent. I know we don't usually sign big name talent, but I'd happily except a big name 'keeper into the mix, but the question is who and how?

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the actual Issue, you've gotta be real wary about any type of rape case in football, so many times have such charges been made only to be overturned due to lack of evidence or the 'victim' deciding it was a pack of lies, I never understood why a high profile person would need to even think of raping someone. I'll let the courts decide, I don't have much of an opinion on it.

Edited by muddatrucker

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is a big admirer of Italian duo Gennaro Gattuso and Massimo Oddo

Wenger is a fan of Gattuso's battling qualities and admitted he would love to pair the Milan man with Patrick Vieira in the Gunners engine room.

The Frenchman has been impressed by Gattuso whenever he has seen him in action and in speaking in an interview with Italian magazine ControCampo, he described Gattuso as his favourite Italian player.

"My favourite Italian star is Gennaro Gattuso: when he is fit, he is a real lion on the pitch," Wenger told ControCampo.

"Can you imagine what sort of midfield he would make alongside Patrick Vieira?"

Milan would fight any attempt to lure Gattuso away from Giuseppe Meazza, as the Italian international has established himself as a key member of Carlo Ancelotti's squad and is a huge favourite with the club's fans.

Wenger also revealed he is keen on Lazio defender Oddo.

Arsenal were linked with a move for the full back in the summer and he could possibly rekindle his interest in January.

"I also like Lazio right back Massimo Oddo," added Wenger.

Wenger has admitted he is looking to sign at least one player in the January transfer window and right back is one position he is looking to strengthen.

Oddo could be a target in the New Year and Lazio could struggle to keep hold of him due to their financial problems if Arsenal did follow up their interest with a big bid.

source: planetfootball.com

It may not mean anything. But I would love to have Oddo, he is a class player in my book, I also do like Gatusso, but that would never happen. But I would welcome a January move for Oddo.

Arsenal have completed the signing of Beveren defender Emmanuel Eboue.

The 21-year-old trained with Arsenal in the summer along with team-mate Marco Ne and he impressed coach Arsene Wenger.

The Gunners did not press home with their interest initially, but possible interest from Chelsea has seemingly prompted Wenger to swoop.

Eboue is a versatile defender and a full Ivory Coast international and has been signed presumably in preference to Ajax's Hatem Trabelsi - who looks to have blown his chances of a move to Highbury, after failing to agree terms in the summer.

Arsenal always had first refusal on Eboue, due to their co-operation deal with Beveren and they have now sealed the deal.

Eboue penned a four-and-a-half year deal with Arsenal in London last week and he will join his new team-mates when the transfer window opens in January.

"After the winter break Beveren will not be able to count on Emmanuel Eboue anymore. Last Friday the defender signed a four-and-a-half-year contract at Arsenal," said a Beveren statement.

Wenger confirmed that Eboue will be arriving in North London when the window reopens in the New Year.

He said: "He will certainly join us in January.

"He's a multi-functional player. He normally plays centre back but he can play right back or midfield. He has a chance to play."

source: planetfootball.com

Good game today.

Watched it down at a club while playing pool with a few mates. How PSV didn't win I just don't know. Arsenal were sloppy and PSV should have won by two or three goals by the final whistle. Both sendings off were fine in my eyes and Viera for me let Arsenal down yet again. Henry's goal was superb that's for sure, but that's about the only real decent thing I thought Arsenal did all night. They're going to have a lot on there plate if they want to qualify and in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if they went out after there final game. If they get back to there best in time then they'll be in the next round, but it's not going to be easy if you ask me.

Although I am happy from tonight. A friend of mine who came down the club to watch the game, supports Arsenal. Him and many others said at the beggining of the season that Arsenal would easily win the CL and prove they're the best team in the world. Going by tonight Arsenal have no chance of proving that, but it's far from over yet.