Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Wenger said he'll keep the team still a youthful majority, hopefully Ferguson will continue to do the same, although I can see him getting pretty petty and playing his number 1 possible team again.

How is it petty?

Well, Ferguson hasn't fielded a fully strength side so far in this competition, and if he does field a fully strengthed side against us (when we will play a young side) that'll be Fergie trying to one-up Wenger.

Thats what I'm saying, its not petty in the sense that he'd be playing to win, but in the sense that he suddenly fields his best team not for the win but for the win over Arsenal.

Although thats slightly different, they hadn't played a younger team in the earlier rounds and then suddenly changed to a more experienced team, since this was their first game in the tournament. Either way I'd hardly call the team fielded their first team, 3 or 4 first team regulars, compared to Man Utds 2.

Should've done more for that Defoe goal. Nobody really put in a real challenge (though had they done so and mucked it up it would've been a dangerous place to give a free-kick away).

It's been a busy game, thank God we're playing better this half than the first.

3-2 it stands for now.

EDIT: Not for long. Get in there Freddie! 4-2

Edited by supergrass

What a defensive nightmare! We need Campbell back, a decent reserve for cover and a new experienced 'Keeper. Winning a game is always nice, but when its like this I can't help but feel emotionally unstable.