2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

So, since 2014 only one team in the NFL has gone without having a player arrested, and you'll never guess who it is.

(Well, you will because I posted this, but, yeah, the times they are a changing.)

Also, I have no time for Mixon. Regardless of what was said to him, or the fact she slapped him, it shows a shocking lack of sense to throw a right hook at a woman, in a public place (in any place, but I'm emphasising the utter lack of awareness here), while you're playing running back for the University of Oklahoma, and a potential NFL first round pick. That's the kind of stupid that catches up to you eventually. Plus the whole 'reasonable force' issue. Honestly, no offense, but anytime I hear someone defend him, it makes me feel like they're fine with hitting women.

Edited by DMN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, damshow said:

The Lions on the sleeve is not good

That was my only complaint too. I hate that, but it's not enough for me to not like the new unis. But I suppose it will help guys like the Josh McCowns, who have played for everyone, remember what team they're currently on.

• Like 1

Prospects attending Draft.  Now to play the annual game of "who will be awkwardly sitting in the draft room the longest?"

S Jamal Adams, LSU
DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama
DB Chidobie Awuzie, Colorado
DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee
OT Garett Bolles, Utah
CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State
WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan
RB Leonard Fournette, LSU
CB Adoree' Jackson, USC
CB Kevin King, Washington
QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State
DL Malik McDowell, Michigan State
DE Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
LB Haason Reddick, Temple
OT Cam Robinson, Alabama
WR John Ross, Washington
DE Solomon Thomas, Stanford
QB Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson
CB Tre'Davious White, LSU

I hope the plastering of the team name on the uniform doesn't become a thing. A little logo or text above the number is great or even a small patch but this and the Browns new uniforms look poor.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

That was my only complaint too. I hate that, but it's not enough for me to not like the new unis. But I suppose it will help guys like the Josh McCowns, who have played for everyone, remember what team they're currently on.

How is that going to help him remember he's on the Buccaneers? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

2 hours ago, damshow said:

Glad to see an increased focus on Honolulu Blue. That's their color and they should own it.

The Lions on the sleeve is not good, but it's an upgrade nevertheless.

I've always liked Detroit's color scheme. It even looked good when they'd do the throwbacks with the blank helmets. It's a fairly unique color, definitely in the NFL, and they should emphasize it.

I actually almost like the script on the sleeve, but it might have been better to use the logo, maybe just in blue, instead.

Second best uniform change of the offseason, but I've always loved the blue and white Rams, even if it's just the helmets.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

How is that going to help him remember he's on the Buccaneers? 

Oh shit, why did no one post that he'd signed with Tampa? He'll be a great backup to James.

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

The Browns likely will take Trubisky, because they're the Browns. If they do that, they should just close up shop.

Especially considering they have more than enough assets to move from 12 to wherever the fuck they want.