Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

Spoiler

I think you are all misunderstanding what I mean about the intro. It's literally just the mechanic of being forced to extremely slowly walk through snow that I don't like. It's like an extended version of that part in Uncharted 3 where Drake is plodding through the desert and you are forced to play at the speed of an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping. The rest of it is fine.

30 minutes ago, stokerino said:

So, silly question...

If I were tempted to put RDR2 on my Christmas wishlist (lol @ the idea of buying it now), would it matter much - or at all - that I have zero experience of the original RDR?

There are plenty of articles and videos online to fill you in on the story anyway.

2 hours ago, stokerino said:

So, silly question...

If I were tempted to put RDR2 on my Christmas wishlist (lol @ the idea of buying it now), would it matter much - or at all - that I have zero experience of the original RDR?

If you want a recap of what happened in RDR, might I suggest Tim Rogers', assuming you've got 30 minutes.

Don't know when I'm picking this up, didn't end up preordering it because I've got a show tonight and tomorrow so I wouldn't even get around to getting in installed until maybe Sunday, and I anticipate that install is going to take a few hours.  Maybe next week.

Without too many spoilers, how “bad” are you? I understand you are in a gang but are you a terrible person or do you have options on how you complete a task? 

My friend who is considering the game can’t heing himself to play games where you are a bad person, so its a moral choice.

Only played the very first few missions but there are occasions when you're left to decide whether hostages get killed or let go so it seems very much up to you how bad you wanna be.

13 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Only played the very first few missions but there are occasions when you're left to decide whether hostages get killed or let go so it seems very much up to you how bad you wanna be.

I will choose to be bad enough to rescue the president.

• Like 1

You can skip cutscenes.

I quite like the first few hours being slow, it's introduced the mechanics and the new characters. If it let you go off straight away, twenty hours into the story, you'd be on mission with a member of the ganf and you wouldn't know their name.

Is there a setting where you can automatically lock on a guy? I know some games have it where you hit aim and it just automatically goes to the next guy. Like I'm not mad but I'm going to be honest. I died the first time I tried the first gun fight. Like if this is the only option I can figure it out and be ok but I would rather not