Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1-1 at the moment but Pogba has been rightfully booked for diving so he misses the game Wednesday night, and Mourinho has been sent to the stands again for booting a water bottle. If he was angry at Pogba fair enough, but if it's because of the ref's decision it's pointless as he'll be banned from the touchline again now.

Does Jose have a season ticket or something? He is spending a lot of time watching from the stands.

And what is the point of sending a manager off to the stands if he can still send messages to his assistant? I've never really thought about it because it happens so rarely. If a player gets sent off he can't impact the match in anyway, if a manager is sent off then he shouldn't be allowed to influence the game, surely? 

On 25/11/2016 at 22:11, MDK said:

Fuck. I wonder if this had any effect on Gary Speed. Bennell was around at Leeds at the same time Speed was round. There was talk about something like that. Ugh.

I really fucking hope it wasn't anything to do with that ? #TOOGS #Speedo

Edit: 

I'll never forget this day, that evening the pub chanted that song for what seemed like forever whilst MOT, Glory Glory Leeds United and the 72 cup final song played on repeat on the jukebox

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

1-1 at the moment but Pogba has been rightfully booked for diving so he misses the game Wednesday night, and Mourinho has been sent to the stands again for booting a water bottle. If he was angry at Pogba fair enough, but if it's because of the ref's decision it's pointless as he'll be banned from the touchline again now.

I was listening to the game on MUTV(radio broadcast but on the TV). For some reason they seem to disagree on the diving incident. How unexpected. :shifty:

On the Jose thing, their commentators immediately seemed to believe it was the decision he was angry at, rather then the player.

As for my opinion, hard to judge via the radio. :P

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Edit: 

I'll never forget this day, that evening the pub chanted that song for what seemed like forever whilst MOT, Glory Glory Leeds United and the 72 cup final song played on repeat on the jukebox

My strongest memory of our day is the fact we had a guy singing Bread of Heaven on the pitch but I had "Get your tits out for the lads" stuck in my head. I'm a terrible person.

4 hours ago, Noah said:

I was listening to the game on MUTV(radio broadcast but on the TV). For some reason they seem to disagree on the diving incident. How unexpected. :shifty:

On the Jose thing, their commentators immediately seemed to believe it was the decision he was angry at, rather then the player.

As for my opinion, hard to judge via the radio. :P

Considering there was a country mile between the player and Pogba, I'd say it was a dive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Edit: 

I swear I read somewhere that apparently his wife has been quoted as saying that Speed swore that he was never a victim, or something along those lines. 

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

Considering there was a country mile between the player and Pogba, I'd say it was a dive.

After finally seeing it myself, I'm inclined to agree.

Graham Poll has come out and said that Mourinho deserves a 6 game ban, adding that his display was unwarranted and deserved punishment even if Pogba had been mistakenly accused. Which he doesn't believe he was.

Mourinho should be shot out of a cannon  aimed directly at the sun.

His petulant man baby act seems to be worse than usual this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noah said:

After finally seeing it myself, I'm inclined to agree.

Graham Poll has come out and said that Mourinho deserves a 6 game ban, adding that his display was unwarranted and deserved punishment even if Pogba had been mistakenly accused. Which he doesn't believe he was.

Graham Poll also has prior with Jose, so probably not the most unbiased source.

In Poll's last season as a ref (2006-07) Chelsea alleged that Poll had told either Terry or Lampard 'you need to be taught a lesson' during a match with Spurs where Terry was given a second yellow for fouling Ledley King at a corner. Chelsea also have at least one goal (i think its two) disallowed during that game for fouls or offsides. Jose and Ashley Cole complain immediately after the match and then a few days later Terry comes out and says Poll sent him for a shove on Hossam Ghaly, who Terry accidentally backs into in the aftermath of the King foul.

A delayed FA investigation clears Poll, fines Terry something like 30k and reminds Jose of 'his responsibilities'. Later that season during a game with United, Jose launches into - in Poll's words in his autobiography - 'a foul-mouthed tirade' including a 'disgraceful comment about me [Poll] and [Sir Alex] Ferguson'. Jose then toddles off into the stands despite not being sent off.

• Like 1

Graham Poll is a tosser.

Jose's reaction was stupid, whether it was aimed in frustration at either the referee or Pogba. But he hasn't hurt anybody, let's remember that. Klopp yelled "COME OOOOOOOOOOOONNN, FUCKING COMMMEEEE OOOOOONNN" at the Anfield crowd to wake them up on Saturday, but that's jolly old Klopp for you and is met with an "amazing passion from the man" reaction. It's just how it goes, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Graham Poll is a tosser.

Jose's reaction was stupid, whether it was aimed in frustration at either the referee or Pogba. But he hasn't hurt anybody, let's remember that. Klopp yelled "COME OOOOOOOOOOOONNN, FUCKING COMMMEEEE OOOOOONNN" at the Anfield crowd to wake them up on Saturday, but that's jolly old Klopp for you and is met with an "amazing passion from the man" reaction. It's just how it goes, I guess. 

When Conte tried to wake Chelsea fans up Jose moaned. He's a tosser.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38128008

Pochettino expected more from Sissoko. lol.

• Like 1