Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

The amount of money his agent has got for that deal is beyond obscene. And on the same day, the Premier League have the gall to threaten Accrington Stanley's chairman that they could withdraw the breadcrumbs they throw at us lower league clubs in comparison?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

The amount of money his agent has got for that deal is beyond obscene. And on the same day, the Premier League have the gall to threaten Accrington Stanley's chairman that they could withdraw the breadcrumbs they throw at us lower league clubs in comparison?

Its appalling. £40m to an agent is obscene. And also the parachute payments for getting relegated from the PL makes me sick, £100m just for finishing last? Even just taking a mil away from each PL club for finishing where they are finishing and putting that into the EFL and National League prize money would make a huge difference. Billions in revenue for the PL and almost fuck all trickles down.

• Like 2

Considering how badly many EFL clubs are being run at the moment, would more money from the Premier League even help and lead to more financial responsibility or would it just lead to them spending even more and getting more in debt?

Edit: fully agree on agent fees though. They are bullshit.

• Like 1

Mad Jack makes a good point, it's clear that there needs to be a greater equality of wealth within the leagues, but do you really want an extra £500k a year being given to the likes of the chairmen of Orient, Blackpool, Coventry or Charlton?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Fifa are investigating the Pogba transfer.

It has been a bit of a waste of money in all fairness... :pervert:

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Andy Carroll.

He scored against the blue shite at Wembley. Worth every penny. 

• Like 2

The distribution of some of those billions at the top level should be even between clubs in the same division and should probably be 'earmarked' for certain areas like infrastructure or youth development. I think it's something that's more than doable, and it's certainly preferable to the current way of giving loads of money to clubs who drop out of the Premier League and fuck all to everybody else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

The distribution of some of those billions at the top level should be even between clubs in the same division and should probably be 'earmarked' for certain areas like infrastructure or youth development. I think it's something that's more than doable, and it's certainly preferable to the current way of giving loads of money to clubs who drop out of the Premier League and fuck all to everybody else.

I know the Football League, Premier League and the FA are all separate but you'd think the way they harp on about developing the English national team that they could surely focus on helping not only football at grass roots but teams in the lower leagues to help develop players and helping clubs stay sustainable would be beneficial to the national game as a whole? 

I mean they could also tighten up the process of who can buy football clubs but I suppose you don't necessarily know if someone is going to become a nob and lose interest in the club , especially if they check out financially. 

• Like 1

It's £32 per hour to hire 1/4 of the nearest Astroturf pitch to me. They should give that money to me so my little Lions don't have to train in the park, doing stepovers and rainbow flicks to avoid the dog shit.

• Like 2

I knew Southampton would lose tonight after playing a 10-0 formation at Anfield on Sunday.