Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, MDK said:

I noticed that story earlier on and immediately thought of you constantly banging on about Sky and Sky Bet!

You can get 5/1 odds that I will mention it again before Christmas.

AV A BANG ON DAT!

Just now, Gazz said:

You can get 5/1 odds that I will mention it again before Christmas.

AV A BANG ON DAT!

Are you being racist towards cockneys? 

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I mean would we have got Pogba if another manager was in charge? Or Ibra? We saw the power of a name when everyone Moyes tried to sign gave him a big old nope.

The team he got sacked managing also was the reigning premier league champions so I'm not sure what your point is.

I agree with you here. With Klopp we have a larger pool of players we cpuld atrract compared to Rodgers due to who is in charge. 

But it depends on how you spend your money again this year compared to last. Pogba for 86mil + could have given a better return in terms of goals and assists. Zlatan was never gonna be a long term solution either. 

Fortunately, you're Man United. You've got the money and the wages to pay people the wages that you do and splash the cash on players like that. I think Jose needs to be smart with who he goes after in the summer.  You need  a more  rounded squad. 

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I mean would we have got Pogba if another manager was in charge?

Yes you would have. Real questions is would you have gotten Pogba if you had another shirt manufacturer?

Probably no!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

You been on the shandies? 

Can of special brew whilst searching for decent ciggies on the floor.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Can of special brew whilst searching for decent ciggies on the floor.  

The Princess of Wales, along the Costa del Hackney Canal, used to serve bottles of Special Brew. FOR A FUCKING FIVER. IT WERENT EVEN A PINT, JUST A FUCKING 300ml BOTTLE. 

4 hours ago, TCO said:

Yes you would have. Real questions is would you have gotten Pogba if you had another shirt manufacturer?

Probably no!

Pogba was undecided on his move until the marketing department showed his a presentation of #pogback and the emoji. He signed instantly.

I do enjoy watching Tottenham play in all honesty. Past few seasons the squad has been built nicely and the playing style is enjoyable to watch. 

The positive for yourselves is consistency. 2nd in back to back seasons is a great achievement for Spurs, it's just pushing it that extra level.

Unfortunately this season you've ran into a Chelsea team that has been bang in form all season. It's like our points total could be higher then your total last season yet we could finish 4th or 5th. You're points total will end up being higher then Leicester's last season 

I mean hopefully you can settle for 2nd again next season as everyone knows it's our year next year :shifty:

25 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

I do enjoy watching Tottenham play in all honesty. Past few seasons the squad has been built nicely and the playing style is enjoyable to watch. 

The positive for yourselves is consistency. 2nd in back to back seasons is a great achievement for Spurs, it's just pushing it that extra level.

Unfortunately this season you've ran into a Chelsea team that has been bang in form all season. It's like our points total could be higher then your total last season yet we could finish 4th or 5th. You're points total will end up being higher then Leicester's last season 

I mean hopefully you can settle for 2nd again next season as everyone knows it's our year next year :shifty:

Well, almost.

• Like 5

• Admin

Not that arbitrary statistics like this mean a jot, but we are the best team over the past two season period <_< just so happened to come up against that Leicester freak season and this Chelsea grinding things out seamlessly season. 

If we were staying at WHL next season I think we would be a very good bet to win the league. However as we are at Wembley, the target once again just has to be top four.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Well, almost.

I'd actually genuinely forgot that they finished 3rd last year  

7 hours ago, Just Relegated said:

Within slipping distance of the title. 

I hope Moyes stays forever now. :angry:

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Not that arbitrary statistics like this mean a jot, but we are the best team over the past two season period <_< just so happened to come up against that Leicester freak season and this Chelsea grinding things out seamlessly season. 

If we were staying at WHL next season I think we would be a very good bet to win the league. However as we are at Wembley, the target once again just has to be top four.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

'I'd back Spurs for the title - if they were staying at White Hart Lane' - Jermaine Jenas - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39952203

Lineker has been absorbed into the BBC hive mind.

• Like 2