WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

Why they always take so long in releasing any information about the actual gameplay?

I'm still waiting for them to give me an option to do a 30 man falls count anywhere elimination match etc. Come on, it's next gen. If the N64 could handle it.

Another note as well, the audio really needs a complete overhaul. The commentary as we all know is awful, they sound like they're reading a script and Lillian Garcia's ring announcing is weak. Get them in a studio and do it properly. You don't hear Bruce Buffer giving a half hearted introduction on the UFC games. That goes for Enzo and Cass' entrance too, why did the record them talking so quietly rather than take an actual recording for example? 

All quite simple requests that are easily fixed in my opinion.

On 7/27/2016 at 13:01, Alexis Sanchez said:

You'd like to think they could put the new RAW / Smackdown graphics in at least, or on DLC. But it's unlikely.

When they made the transition to the new logo, they got that in the game. 

On 8/7/2016 at 05:05, Alexis Sanchez said:

Why they always take so long in releasing any information about the actual gameplay?

I'm still waiting for them to give me an option to do a 30 man falls count anywhere elimination match etc. Come on, it's next gen. If the N64 could handle it.

Another note as well, the audio really needs a complete overhaul. The commentary as we all know is awful, they sound like they're reading a script and Lillian Garcia's ring announcing is weak. Get them in a studio and do it properly. You don't hear Bruce Buffer giving a half hearted introduction on the UFC games. That goes for Enzo and Cass' entrance too, why did the record them talking so quietly rather than take an actual recording for example? 

All quite simple requests that are easily fixed in my opinion.

Because most of the updates are pretty superficial like with all yearly sports games.

1 minute ago, Cymbols said:

It's actually a quality soundtrack to be fair. Man's done good. 

I always turn the soundtrack off for every sports game. They do their best to put a little bit of everything in, but it always leans towards one genre, and the soundtracks are always so small that you'll hear every song a million times by the time the next game comes out, if you don't turn them off.

Maybe I'm just older and have less free time now, but if I'm listening to music, I want to listen to stuff that I enjoy. If custom soundtracks ever return, then I'll turn the music back on.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the chainsaw entrance (even the real one), but I like the interaction with the belt. With that said, I don't think I ever watched Finn's demon entrance in 2K16 with him as champ so I don't even know if that part's new. :shifty:

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

Why does he have a chainsaw?

And it's such a minor nitpick, but I wish they'd make the arena darker for the entrances. Like the pitch black you sometimes see on RAW. I've always felt like the lighting has never been dark enough during entrances. :shifty: 

I wish they could never show the crowd ever in a WWE game. It doesn't matter what entrance, it'll always look shit next to a generic low-res crowd that's jumping like madman regardless of the mood of the entrance.

As a whole, the game would be better if every match was an empty-arena match... <_<

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why does he have a chainsaw?

Finn has themed his demon entrances at some of the Takeover shows. In London, he applied a 'Jack the Ripper' motif. In Dallas, it was a 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' gimmick, which is what this is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

They still can't time the lighting with the music.

I don't get that.

The lighting and the new camera angles look fantastic though. Can they now release some actual gameplay information...?

Game isn't out for two months still. For annual titles, especially sports games, it's not unusual for the bulk of the information to be saved until right before release.

Yes, it's frustrating... but it's nothing new.

If last year is an indication, we will have the "full roster reveal" (minus any surprises) done by the 21st of August at Summerslam, and then the focus will shift to gameplay additions and more.

For comparison's sake, NHL 17 comes out September 13th, a full month before WWE 2k17, and I feel like we actually know more about WWE than NHL. As someone who buys these games on a regular basis, I've just come to expect that I won't actually know what's in them until it's almost time to pick them up.

My problem with that entrance, and has been a problem for going on 15 years now (i.e. since the technology was capable of anything more) is that the facial expressions are just so neutral. Was Finn really swinging that chainsaw around like a nutter at Takeover with the plainest expression on his face? I doubt it somehow. Agree that the crowd takes away from it too.

• Like 1

Confirmed Roster so far:

• Alicia Fox
  • Andre the Giant
  • Baron Corbin
  • Big E
  • Billy Gunn
  • Braun Strowman
  • Bret Hart
  • British Bulldog
  • Cesaro
  • Charlotte
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Edge
  • Finn Bálor
  • Hideo Itami
  • Jake Roberts
  • Kalisto
  • Randy Orton
  • Ricky Steamboat
  • Sin Cara
  • The Rock
  • Triple H
  • Tyson Kidd
  • Aiden English
  • Booker T
  • Brian Pillman
  • Brie Bella
  • Chris Jericho
  • Diego (Los Matadores)
  • Erick Rowan
  • Fernando (Los Matadores)
  • Heath Slater
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jim Neidhart
  • Konnor
  • Larry Zybszko
  • Nikki Bella
  • R-Truth
  • Simon Gotch
  • Viktor
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Vince McMahon
  • Shane McMahon
  • Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT Edition exclusive)
  • Nia Jax (NXT Edition exclusive)
  • Apollo Crews (NXT Edition exclusive)
  • Ultimate Warrior
  • John Cena
  • Sasha Banks
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Bill Goldberg (Pre-Order bonus)