Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

Newcastle have made better signings this season for the Championship than they did for their entire last two seasons in the Premiership.

I can't help feeling the manager is a big part of that change.

• Admin

Not officially confirmed by the club yet. They have sign Belgian international defender Christian Kabasele though. 

More importantly, Watford and Bournemouth have secured Troy Deeney and Callum Wilson to new multi year contracts. 

Fair. It's good that Prem clubs can now seemingly hold onto their star players better with the new money available. If that Ighalo Chinese bid is true that means they've rebuffed an income of over £60million for their two main strikers.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I saw Watford signed Isaac Success for a club record fee on Twitter, but BBC has no mention of it anywhere from what I could find.

You can't buy success 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, therockbox said:

The whole cult of Zlatan thing is already fucking boring.

Oh, I dunno, its kinda fun. At least he has a bit of character and isn't a complete robot. I'm sure it'll get annoying after a while.

• Like 2

• Admin

Crystal Palace have formalised their interest in Christian Benteke by submitting an opening bid worth £25m to Liverpool for the Belgium forward. The offer was tabled on the day Palace announced the signings of Andros Townsend, for what is currently a club record £13m from Newcastle United, and the France No2 goalkeeper, Steve Mandanda, for £1.4m from Marseille on a contract through to 2019. A fee of around £12m has also been agreed with West Ham United for the former England under-21s centre-half James Tomkins.

Everton have signed goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Championship side Fulham for an undisclosed fee.