FIFA 16 PS4 Online Tournament

Baddar

Nerf 5 me 2. I had a 2 to 0 lead and my players absolutely refused to maintain possession. We'd steal the ball and immediately turn it over. How incredibly frustrating that whole thing was. We'd have the ball and I'd be smashing square to clear it and they'd all just sit there and hold on to it. Nothing I could really do on that strike by Villa to take the 3-2 lead, but a few of those, my guys ran away from the ball instead of even attempting to defend. :/ 

I'm covering for some people on vacation, @Jericode, so I have to get ready for work. Maybe 6-ish your time tomorrow? I doubt any of you will be available when I get off work at night.

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Nerf 5 me 2. I had a 2 to 0 lead and my players absolutely refused to maintain possession. We'd steal the ball and immediately turn it over. How incredibly frustrating that whole thing was. We'd have the ball and I'd be smashing square to clear it and they'd all just sit there and hold on to it. Nothing I could really do on that strike by Villa to take the 3-2 lead, but a few of those, my guys ran away from the ball instead of even attempting to defend. :/ 

I had the same problem in the first half, and for parts of the second. It's the nature of playing with lower rated teams, I think. Took me a while to figure out how to play and basically slow my usual tempo down because nobody can pass or take a touch properly >_>

That said, that strike by David Villa was ridiculous. It was mostly born out of frustration because of the low rated players and it found the top corner :lol:

Good game, pal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm covering for some people on vacation, @Jericode, so I have to get ready for work. Maybe 6-ish your time tomorrow? I doubt any of you will be available when I get off work at night.

6 should work :)

I think the first two I was cursing because it was total lack of my guys even trying to go after you. But when Villa hit his from, what 25 yards, I just sat here and was like "Welp, not a damn soul could have done anything with that." Twas gorgeous. I think if I had kept my head, it could have finished 3-2, but I got waaaaaaaaaay too careless and aggressive after going down. :( Good luck to you the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Seattle 1-2 NY Red Bulls

Well that was tough. His attack definitely felt a class above, and he hit the woodwork a few times. A draw would have been fair. I was quite fortunate to get a pen from a mis-timed standing challenge but could only score the rebound from a seemingly impossible angle. Glad to get that one done. Chris2k is a good player. 

Just got home from the gym, need a shower and I've got food in the oven. So message me on PS as I may not see it on here. I'll be on between 8-10:30 

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

2-1 to Baddar. I was about ready to rage quit after the penalty and the thousandeth break that went against me, just out of interest what would the score have been if I had?

No need to rage quit! I actually felt the bounce was going against me until I got the first goal. Trying to deal with Dempsey was a nightmare. 

The pen was enough of a foul for me to try to score and not miss on purpose, like I would have done had it been completely ridiculous. Looked like the defender stepped out to make a challenge and clattered the attacker. 

You were unlucky to miss the chances you did though. Doubt I'd get away with that again. 

It wasn't so much the penalty itself, it was how the ball just rolled straight to your guy and his kinda weak shot went past my 'keeper so easily. Just felt like those kind of things happened throughout the whole game and that's what gets me annoyed the most.

56 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

@David Marrio I'll play you whenever you're ready, just mention me on here.

I accepted your invite and it didn't work for some reason so just sent you another one then. 

4-0 to DM. Just... ugh. There's nothing I can say without sounding like a bad loser, but the stat update just absolutely obliterates the Sounders team and I didn't even realise the team was different until half time. Still 2-0 after half time anyway :P.

@Stevie B can we get our game done ASAP?