2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

1 hour ago, damshow said:

I would like Dallas or San Diego to trade down with another QB desperate team now. That means the Ravens will definitely get one of Jack, Bosa, or Ramsey.

I just want to see Meac's face when it happens.

• Like 1

The schedule drops tonight.  Pretty tough call on who will head into Denver for the Thursday night opener, actually.

I'll go ahead and rule out the Falcons because that would be really random and Chargers/Raiders because even if they've improved, it's almost impossible to imagine that NBC would pick them over teams with more recent success.  That means they probably view the Chiefs as the best of the bunch in terms of a divisional game even if it's not exactly a marquee matchup.  The Panthers would of course be a Super Bowl rematch and could follow MLB's lead from this year but starting inter-conference just seems strange.  Pats in an AFC Title rematch would be a lock any other year but since they can no longer market it as Brady vs. Manning I think this might be saved for later in the season.

So that leaves the Texans which would see the return of Osweiler or the Colts which would allow both teams to honor Manning and give NBC an excuse to have a 3-hour Peyton Tribute Show.  I guess we know what would win out.  <_<

Aaaaand for the third time in four years the Giants will open in Dallas.  <_<  It's also the fourth time in five years that they've started against Dallas and the fourth straight year they've opened on the road in general.  Ugh.  I hate the NFL.

On the plus side, at least it's not a damn night game for once.  Most stressful way possible to start the season.  Looks to me like the toughest string of games might be Weeks 4 and 5.  Monday night game in Minnesota immediately followed by a Sunday night game in Green Bay.

Real estate broker Nicholas Goodwin has demanded $32,000 from Manziel for damages inflicted on the $4.5 million house.

“They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out,” Goodwin told Page Six. “There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere, broken glasses over the floor and a champagne glass in a tree. If they don’t respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.”

His dad's statement a few months back that he won't live to see his 24th birthday if he doesn't get help seem to ring more true every time I see an update on him.  Just really sad.

Haven;t seen this posted, but Manziel is/was wanted in connection with a hit-and-run accident, and his agent, sentient pile of shit Drew Rosenhaus, said if he doesn't enter treatment for his addictions, Drew will fire him as a client.  The termination paperwork had already been filed with the league, but if Manziel entered treatment, he'd withdraw the paperwork