NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread

Quom

Pre-draft I loved Porzingis and hated NY fans for booing him. Now they've decided they fucking love him and are being super obnoxious about it to the point that I feel the need to hate him.

Dear New York fans, he's lovely and you guys shouldn't have been idiots, but don't over-correct. There is only one player that deserves to be in the ROY discussion and that's KAT. 

Not really :/ 1.6 rebounds, 2 points, 1.4 blocks (per 36). I mean besides steals, turnovers and 3pt% KAT is winning every category with much better percentages - 10% better from the FT line, 12% better from the field (still 8% better if you remove 3's) even at per 36 or per 100 possessions.

KAT's PER is 5 points higher, he has a higher Ortg and Drtg, More win shares, higher value over replacement, double the blk%, 4% higher rebound percentage.

Basically in all but 2 statistical categories KAT is better than Porzingis. It's like saying Okafor is better than both because he has a higher PPG total. 

KAT is here <----------------------------------------------------------> here is everyone else. Seriously, KAT is putting up numbers not seen since Duncan's rookie year (Anthony Davis averaged 13.5ppg, 8.2rbd, 1.8 blks in roughly the same minutes for comparison)

Edited by Quom

I feel it's too soon to really decided who the ROTY is... Kristaps is playing better than anybody expected him to play as a 7ft3 lanky Latvian who nobody really gave credit until he started playing at a top level on a team that's a lead dildo in terms of actual team play. (Seriously, José 'leads' with 3.5 assist p/g!)

KAT though, he's putting up amazing numbers for a center, and 90% from the stripe is for me the most impressive stat, a big man that's actually able to drain Ft's will only make him more dangerous as time progresses, naturally his 16PPG, 10RPG, AND 2.4BPG are amazing.

Pure stats, it's KAT all day, but we're not even one-fifth into the season, so waiting for the half-way mark is better. Now is the time that many teams are starting to plan for the ones that are overperforming, so it's going to be interesting to see whether any of them are going to get better (or worse) in the rest of the season.

But yeah, KAT has all the makings of a generational talent in the same style of Timmy

Yeah it wasn't really aimed at here. It's more Reddit where after every game there are 400 KP discussions acting as if he's neck and shoulders above everyone else. It's just getting on my tits, especially since it's the exact same dicks that were booing and crying about Phil Jackson selecting him a couple of months ago. They're both great talents but it's fucking annoying seeing everyone jizz over KP when there is a guy younger than him that's also a rookie that's doing better in every category.

My sentiment when KP was drafted was not that I was disappointed, because it's hard to be disappointed at a player you know zero about - but he had a lot to live up to. You draft a player that nobody knows about - seemingly on the basis just that he's tall - that high in the draft and you instantly worry about Kwame Brown.

I think the hype about KP is entirely to do with what was expected by him. He's obviously behind KAT in most (not all, you already said so yourself Quom :P) categories, but he's overperforming expectations by such a drastic amount.

Also come on now, he's only a couple of months younger, that's a bit disingenuous :P It's technically correct, but not by a significant enough difference for that to mean anything :P 

I wish it was that simple. We're just so flat and disorganised all the time. It's like the bench have no idea how to run any set that's called and instead they all go stand in their favourite spot which leads to Payne, Dieng and Shabazz all standing at the low post. It's fucking comical.

Plus Rubio just injured his ankle. 

At this point I'd just have a fire sale, see what you can get for Dieng/Martin/Shabazz/Payne/LaVine and tank as hard as possible. If they aren't willing to do that then they're going to need a coach who can get the most out of them. 

Edit. Even Wiggins going Maple Jordan won't save us :/

Edit 1. Seriously we need to make the playoffs Wiggins in crunch time is just fucking insane. 

Edited by Quom

Not really, we got lucky, like really, really lucky. Okafor just lost his intensity in the second half (I think part of it was the refs swallowing the whistle). Weird coaching by Brown though, I get that they were hitting threes but I'd still feed my star player who has been hot all game over taking them in crunch time. Especially since our defence adjusted and started closing out much harder. 

Seriously though Sam Mitchell needs to go. Given the looks Shabazz was shooting LaVine as well as some of the dumb shit Rubio got up to I think he's either got the team playing against each other or has just totally lost them. Flip might have been a mediocre/shit coach but at least we played as a unit (a really shit one, but one nonetheless) whilst he was in control. I just don't believe it's possible for so many players to regress as badly as our guys have. LaVine, Shabazz and Dieng will have a good game here or there but most games it looks like they're either after theirs or would rather be anywhere but on the court.