2015 NFL Season

Dan

9 minutes ago, Pizza said:

They haven't stayed Titans fans though. I'm sure there are some holdouts, but a significant number of people will switch loyalties to a new home team. 

I think we may be arguing the same thing. You mentioned the Texans carving out a fanbase in Cowboy country, but my point was that the Texan fans are most likely the previous Oiler fans that were never Cowboy fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Rams had originally always been an LA team. They only moved to STL in 1995.

Wrong. The Rams started out in Cleveland in the mid-1930s, then moved to LA in 1946.

*edit* Oops. Didn't see Maxx's post.

Edited by GhostMachine

They'll keep floating London around until they realize how unrealistic that is. Cities will pony up to keep their teams to keep them from relocating to London. There's such a novelty factor to it as well. I envision the Premier League is as popular here as the NFL is in the UK. As in those of us who care have our teams, and getting the random game over the summer is fun. That novelty will honestly get worn out if, hypothetically, we get a PL team (impossible I know) and they're a middling mid-table side every year. The same would be said for an NFL team in the UK. 

It'd be cool for the NFL to expand internationally, but it's not very feasible. You're not going to have fans as passionate as those in Green Bay or Pittsburgh anywhere else, it takes generations for that sort of loyalty to be built up. And I can't see the league being in it for the ups and downs with a London team, the first season with subpar attendance and the owners will be begging to bring that team back stateside.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I believe we'll eventually see an NFL team in Canada, but no way a UK one ever happens.

(I do wish NFL Europe was still around, though. Too bad it might as well have been NFL Germany there at the end....)

And Amsterdam. :shifty: 

54 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I believe we'll eventually see an NFL team in Canada, but no way a UK one ever happens.

(I do wish NFL Europe was still around, though. Too bad it might as well have been NFL Germany there at the end....)

At least 20 years before Canada. We aren't building an NFL caliber stadium anytime soon, Skydome/Rogers Center won't do it. Plus oil bust means we're poor now. 

Just now, Mad Jack said:

Is the National Basketball Association confined to just America?

Or the National Hockey League.

• Like 1