2015 NFL Season

Dan

21 minutes ago, Lineker said:

But yeah, I see the Texans ending up with Cook - not convinced the Jets would draft a QB just ahead of us; Fitzpatrick should resign and they took Petty last year.

Plus I know nothing about Jacoby Brissett :P 

I'm guessing they'll end up with Hackenberg, given his connection to Bill O'Brien, a guy who clearly values such things over talent.

I'm hoping the Cowboys hyping up Wentz is just to trick the Browns into drafting him so we can take Goff.  But I suppose I'll be happy with any outcome that nets us Derrick Henry in the 2nd.

• Like 1

• Admin

The following memo, obtained by NFL Media's Albert Breer, was sent out by the NFL to the public relations directors for all 32 teams, regarding the Raiders' exploration of Las Vegas as a possible destination for relocation:

There have been reports over the last day about a proposal to construct a new stadium in Las Vegas in connection with a possible move of the Raiders to Las Vegas. If your club owner or executives are asked about this, there is no need to comment. If any comment is offered, please keep the following points in mind:

1. All decisions regarding the location of teams are made by the full membership. Three-fourths of the member clubs must approve any team move.

2. No proposal made to the league. It would be speculative to suggest that your club would or would not support such a proposal. If such a proposal is made, it would be considered under the league's relocation policies.

3. There is no prohibition under league rules on a team moving to any particular city. Any proposal for relocation would be evaluated based on the same standards as apply to any proposed move. Those standards are well-known, having just been applied in connection with relocation proposals to Los Angeles.

If Goff is off the board, I can see the Cowboys taking Wentz. Hell, they'll probably draft him regardless. But I'd prefer Goff over Wentz.

And I don't see the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. The way the NFL has treated that city in the past, I don't see their attitude toward it changing now. If anything, I'd rather see MLB put a baseball team there...and appoint Pete Rose the manager, with a lifetime contract. 

3 hours ago, damshow said:

I can't see Bosa falling to Baltimore as nice as it would be. Wentz at 4? I know Romo is up there in years but that seems like a waste when a healthy Romo means Dallas could be competing for a title.

A healthy Romo is a rare thing.  Odds are if we draft a defensive player by the time they're making a big enough impact to help compete for a title it will be time to move on from Romo.  And if Romo does stay healthy, we won't be drafting this high again until after he's gone.  So if they have the chance to grab our QB of the future, now is the time to do it.

Not sure if that's Carson Wentz, he seems to have the physical tools but has never competed against anything close to an NFL caliber defense.  But his hype train  is rolling, I'll be surprised if he drops out of the top 10.

ESPN reporting that Megatron has told the Lions he is retiring :(

Now they're saying that he said 2015 was his final year and isn't coming back, but Detroit are still hopeful he's going to still come back.

Edited by Szumi