The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Just now, Lineker said:

Great, now we're going to have no Dembele or Alli for the last couple of games.

And one of your back four that is definitely getting sent off in the second half.

Just now, Lineker said:

Great, now we're going to have no Dembele or Alli for the last couple of games.

Maybe your players should stop being dirty bastards and punching people and/or poking them in the eye

• Like 7

Fuck, my heart can't take this. 

We're being dirty tonight & Chelsea with their typical surrounding the ref. We're definitely getting someone sent off. Only thing is I think Ivanovic should have been booked for basically doing the same as Walker, otherwise ref has it pretty much spot on. 

Great first half. That pass from Lamela for Harry's opening goal had be me squealing. Obvs. 

Oh, and silly Dembele :( he's been incredible this season. At least he's poking Costa in the eye, I guess? 

• Like 1

These half-time competitions sponsored by Delta Airlines are bloody stupid - this time they have carboard cutouts of Willian and Ivanovic they're trying to hit (/pass to) from 30 yards. Frankly, this sort of thing is making me want to actively avoid said airline should the option come up. <_<

Imagine how much the game would change if the refs were allowed to look at incidents during the break and act on them just before kick off. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Just been brought up on MNF -- will Dembele get away with it because the assistant ref has seen it? There's no way he should, but just out of interest? 

Fuck knows. Used to depend what went in the ref's match report but I'm not sure that's even relevant any more. 

11 minutes ago, Part-Time Davidmarrio said:

Maybe your players should stop being dirty bastards and punching people and/or poking them in the eye

Oh come, you had someone who used to bite people :P 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

tbf to DM I don't remember him being a Suarez apologist compared to Nerf

Just now, Jimmy said:

Not denying that :P Just saying you can't be shocked at Alli getting banned and Dembele probably getting banned when you've got so many cameras at a game, repeated replays on TV channels and an incident ending up on twitter and any other website.

It's stupid little things that aren't necessary for either of them to do when they've both had fantastic seasons. Just tarnishes their performances on the field slightly.