The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Please tell me Sky have sent a camera. I know BBC are doing something at Gary Lineker's house, but still. 

It'll be Ranieri will be seen poking his head outside of a pizzeria window to give his opinions.

I see why they wouldn't want them there throughout the game. I mean, they could still lose their last two games and hand the title to Spurs, however unlikely. Just hope there's people ready to bang on Vardy's door at full time if Spurs don't win.

• Admin

There's a special MOTD on tonight with Dan Walker presenting. There is a crew at Lineker's house for immediate reaction from him should the title be confirmed tonight.

And the teams from when we last won at Chelsea in the league?

Chelsea: Dave Beasant; Steve Clarke, Erland Johnsen, Graham Roberts, Clive Wilson; Kevin McAllister, John Bumstead, Peter Nicholas, Tony Dorigo; Kerry Dixon, Kevin Wilson
Tottenham: Erik Thorstvedt; Chris Hughton, John Polston, Gary Mabbutt, Pat Van den Hauwe; Nayim, Steve Sedgley, David Howells, Paul Gascoigne; Gary Lineker, Paul Walsh

• Admin

Chelsea make two changes as John Terry returns - Eden Hazard is out. Just the one, expected change for Spurs as Son Heung-min replaces the banned Dele Alli.

Chelsea: Begovic, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Matic, Willian, Fabregas, Pedro, Diego Costa.
Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane.

Terry and Cahill are back. Hazard on the bench.

Team to face Spurs (4-2-3-1): Begovic; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa. #CFC

Tonight’s subs: Amelia, Baba, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Oscar, Hazard, Traore. #CFC

8 minutes ago, Temporary Gazz said:

How hard are we expecting Spurs to spurs this up?

I'm going 3-0 to Chelsea by the 20th minute.

Own goal Hat Trick Hero Harry Kane

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peteypirahna said:

Chelsea have been absolutely dogshit all season whilst trying their best and people expect them to roll over Spurs of all teams?

Spurs will hammer Chelsea and take the title race to another week.

Spurs were awful against West Brom last week. It was a nervous performance. Couple that with a derby at a place they haven't won in 26 years against a team that would love nothing more than to end their title hopes, and I think you can just about throw the previous 35 games out of the window tonight. Chelsea haven't lost many under Hiddink and a draw would do tonight.

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

Well, this much is up for debate...

But they have, they've effectively done what Liverpool did the other year and pushed so hard in their title chasing season that they were entirely burnt out by the next season.

If they were playing badly to sabotage Mourinho they wouldn't still be dogshit after getting Hiddink.

5 minutes ago, peteypirahna said:

But they have, they've effectively done what Liverpool did the other year and pushed so hard in their title chasing season that they were entirely burnt out by the next season.

If they were playing badly to sabotage Mourinho they wouldn't still be dogshit after getting Hiddink.

They've literally lost twice under Hiddink. Can't be that bad.

• Like 1

I'm conflicted because I want Leicester to win it tonight but at the same time I love drama in football and it would be all that better if it can go down to the last game. Can it go down to the last game?

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

I'm conflicted because I want Leicester to win it tonight but at the same time I love drama in football and it would be all that better if it can go down to the last game. Can it go down to the last game?

So we can listen to Hammy whine all afternoon about how Chelsea are going to throw the game against Leicester? No thanks. :shifty:

Yeah, if Spurs win tonight and beat Southampton next Sunday, whilst Leicester lose at home to Everton on Saturday (lol), it will go to the final day.

Also, Chelsea 'burnt themselves out' winning the league last year? They pissed it.

Just now, Baddar said:

So we can listen to Hammy whine all afternoon about how Chelsea are going to throw the game against Leicester? No thanks. :shifty:

Adds even more emotion to it, the emotion of being a bitch >_>

2 minutes ago, Temporary Gazz said:

Yeah, if Spurs win tonight and beat Southampton next Sunday, whilst Leicester lose at home to Everton on Saturday (lol), it will go to the final day.

Also, Chelsea 'burnt themselves out' winning the league last year? They pissed it.

It'll still go to the last day if Leicester draw with Everton, won't it?

EDIT: Yes, Spurs could still win on GD.