The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Looks like Memphis could be off. Thanks, LVG. :(

He's been shite anyway. Apart from against midgetland and Shrewsbury.  

Swansea deserve their 2-0 lead. Jack Cork has been bossing the midfield.  Been pressing and winning the 2nd ball. It's either we make changes and risk people getting injured before Thursday or we try and turn it around. Can't see us getting back into this though the way we are playing. 

He had a fantastic game against Arsenal at OT. He just hasn't been given a run of games. I'd much rather see him in the side than Jesse "I can run a bit but offer not a whole lot else" Lingard.

This early game has been decent. Feared a 0-0 when I saw the lineups.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MDK said:

Agent Yohan missed that pen on purpose >_>

I'm not sure how clear it was on tv/highlights, but as standard he was getting booed on every touch (i.e. not often thanks to Pardew's hoofball/timewasting tactics. 3 minutes added on first half solely for timewasting.), until that penalty. He jogged over to take the corner immediately afterwards to be greeted by a massive cheer and a minute of chants. I'm convinced he gave a thumbs up to Strawberry corner...

• Like 2

Leicester unchanged. 

Leicester: Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Okazaki, Ulloa  

Manchester United make just one change from the team which beat Everton at Wembley. Antonio Valencia comes in at right-back as Timothy Fosu-Mensah drops out.

Man Utd: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.   

What's the point in scoring a goal if you are gonna gift them a goal. 

All 3 of Swansea's goals could have been avoided.  Better marking on a corner, closing Jack Cork down and by not pissing about and learning how to clear for that 3rd goal. 

3 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Liverpool putting in a classic between-cup-legs performance.

It's not like we have nothing to play for.

We need to try and finish top 6 as well as trying to win the Europa League. Can't put all our eggs in one basket

I mean if  United win the FA Cup then 5,6 and 7 get Europa League but fuck wanting United to win a trophy.  

Leicester deserve to win this in an epic way, not by losing today and Spurs screwing up (although that'd be hilarious)

Happy that Swansea are sticking around for another year, always good to see a Welsh team in the top flight. I guess I'll be an honorary Swan next season, gives me a reason to keep watching MOTD at least.

Just now, Interim Cymbols said:

Happy that Swansea are sticking around for another year, always good to see a Welsh team in the top flight. I guess I'll be an honorary Swan next season, gives me a reason to keep watching MOTD at least.

Glory supporter.

• Like 3