The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 minutes ago, TCO said:

That Aguero goal was a joke. At no point was he onside. He was stood 3 yards offside the entire time.

Well, he was onside by the time he headed the ball past the keeper, and that's probably why he didn't flag. No idea how he doesn't spot that though, looking along the line.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Well, he was onside by the time he headed the ball past the keeper, and that's probably why he didn't flag. No idea how he doesn't spot that though, looking along the line.

The linesman shouldn't even be looking for that though.  He's looking right across the line when he heard the ball struck. Aguero was stationary yards ahead of every other player.

Absolutely. But the fact Newcastle players drifted back probably put doubt in his mind. I mean, I'm finding it difficult to defend him here so I'd be interested to hear his take on it, not that he'll ever have to publicly explain it.

Just now, Baddar said:

I feel like commentators say Aguero doesn't go down easily about 10 times a season...after he's gone down easily.

Perhaps in this case he meant that he didn't scream and shout about it after? I dunno.