Wimbledon 2024

sahyder1

Caught most of Dart v Boulter. Hadn't seen Dart live before but wanted her to lose mainly for being petulant the entire time. Just doesn't seem very likeable to me.

And now in totally contradictory news, Krygios is doing comms for the other all-British match and I actually like him. 😑

It's heartbreaking that he will never have the accolades to match how good he is. He played his entire career against the three best male players in history, and he beat them, and he got to World #1 when they were all active. If his career takes place at any other point in history, he's considered a legend.

But then, he is a legend, and the greatest players know that otherwise they wouldn't speak of him so highly.

• Like 6

Yeah, for a few short years we all did say "Big Four" in absolute sincerity. Murray is perhaps a ten-time (or more) Grand Slam champ if even 1 of the others isn't active during his career. And, most importantly for him I'm sure, is how all these rivals speak about him. They know he was that good and know that he forced them to get even better.

• Like 2

I'm genuinely emotional seeing him retiring, especially because he's injured. Time wins out in the end, I suppose.

Andy Murray is probably my sporting hero. What he's done over all these years has been amazing and I'll never, ever forget his first Wimbledon win.

• Like 1

I think the figures will do Murray a disservice because he was only slightly worse than three of the best players ever. I often wonder how things might have turned out if he had been around in his prime during the 2000-2003 period of the dwindling years of Sampras' career and before Federer broke through.

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I think the figures will do Murray a disservice because he was only slightly worse than three of the best players ever. I often wonder how things might have turned out if he had been around in his prime during the 2000-2003 period of the dwindling years of Sampras' career and before Federer broke through.

Poor Andy Roddick. Would he have even won a single Grand Slam?

Raducanu up a set and already up a break in the second vs 9 seed Sakkari.

Tiafoe pushed Alcaraz big time today but once the 4th set tiebreaker hit, Alcaraz again did what I think no one else can do better than him right now - reach the extra level and win deep matches. Was dominant in the 5th set.