Wimbledon 2024

sahyder1

I wouldn't be surprised if it is! That was a great match but man Alcaraz was just able to up his level for that fifth set. He is amazing in the fifth set. Believe he's 11-1 now in his career.

24 minutes ago, Szumi said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is! That was a great match but man Alcaraz was just able to up his level for that fifth set. He is amazing in the fifth set. Believe he's 11-1 now in his career.

He's got that Djokovic in him when it comes to the 5th set.

3 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

He's 21 and he's now won a Grand Slam title on all 3 surfaces. Holy shit.

Yeah that match was incredible, but yet again, Alcaraz is just a whole different level in the fifth set. While I think Zverev was absolutely hard done by at 15-40 1-2 in the fifth and it should have been a double fault, it's like it can be said he lost the set and match because of that one moment. Alcaraz just came up with some out of this world responses, including coming back from 0-40 down in that controversial game to hold serve.

Feel gutted for Paolini though. Finds herself in her first ever Grand Slam Finals, for both Singles and Doubles, and loses both. It's not really a surprise that it caught up to her in the end, but even if she only played the Singles all tournament long, she wasn't beating Swiatek on clay.

On 13/06/2024 at 10:12, Bobfoc said:

Alcaraz and Nadal are teaming up at the Olympics. That's a proper past and present dream team.

I know how important this was for Alcaraz, and it's just so awesome that they'll be playing together. Nadal is skipping Wimbledon for the Olympics prep, as well.

• Lineker changed the title to Wimbledon 2024

Sabalenka had to withdraw with a shoulder injury. Pretty huge one there for the women's draw, as she was one of the favorites to win. With Swiatek always underperforming on grass, the women's side is incredibly open.