Tennis!

sahyder1

Draper through in straight sets earlier, absolutely clinical tennis. Let's see what Evans can do later...

Edited by Starvinho

6 hours ago, Starvinho said:

Draper through in straight sets earlier, absolutely clinical tennis. Let's see what Evans can do later...

Evans won the second set in a tiebreaker. He didn't win a game the rest of the match. It's incredibly rare for a men's match to see a 6-0, but two in a row especially is wild.

Emma Navarro continues her great run and breakthrough. Entered 2024 with only 1 win at major. She's now gone 3rd round, 4th, QF, and SF at each one. Will almost definitely end in the SF because Sabalenka, but still great to see her hopefully breakthrough to be a consistent top player 

Best part of the day though is my man Taylor Fritz beating that woman beating piece of shit Zverev to send his ass packing. By far the player I hate the most on tour.

• Like 1

Could be massively wrong and be a bit of a big shout with Sinner still in it but I really do think we're gonna see a first time Grand Slam champion this week. Obviously hoping it's Draper but either one of the American lads would be a good shout too. It's been nice to see an open tournament for once though whatever happens, hopefully we'll get a few more like this in the next few years.

Another straight sets victory for Draper. He's surely going to be a top ten player soon as long as he stays injury-free.

This means that six different British representatives have reached Grand Slam singles semi-finals since 2017. That would have been absurd at any other time in the Open Era.

Brilliant again from Draper, been waiting over 18 months for him to have a run like this but always seemed like injuries were getting the best of him. I'm starting to think he could actually win this tournament, absolutely massive test to come in the semi finals though...

Gutted for Draper, showed he can hang with the best though and I'm sure many more tournaments like this to come. He'll be a top 20 on Monday morning and I think that's exactly where he belongs.

21 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Britain's Mika Stojsavljevic has reached the girls' singles final. Mimi Xu, also of Britain, lost in the other semi-final, while Charlie Robertson was defeated in the boys' semi-finals.

Stojsavljevic won. She has become Britain's first female junior Grand Slam winner since Heather Watson in 2009.

Great to see another young Brit making her way in the game. Put her on the list with Xu, Klugman, Lacey and Searle and I think there's a bright future for British tennis.