Tennis!

sahyder1

ATP Tour Finals draw has been made.

Group A: Djokovic, Murray, Berdych, Tsonga

Group B: Federer, Ferrer, Del Potro, Tipsarevic

Round-robin groups, the top two go through to the semi-finals.

The BBC for some reason decided to label the announcement of the draw as 'tough' for Murray.

I'm not saying it isn't...but they say that as if the other group doesn't also involve the world's top 8 players. It's a tough draw no matter what, per the nature of the tournament.

Looking forward to this anyway, Murray starts against Berdych tomorrow afternoon.

The draws are pretty similar it's just basically a case with Nadal crocked then one group is going to have one of the top 3 in and the other will have 2. And he's in the one with 2, him and Djokovic. Tsonga and Berdych will both be tough opponents too but like you say, this is what the tournament is all about, the best playing the best.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

With just a few weeks to go now until the Australian Open, it has been confirmed that Vera Zvonareva has pulled out of January's through injury.

Former Wimbledon finalist Vera Zvonareva pulls out of January's Australian Open with a shoulder injury.

The 28-year-old Russian hardly got onto the court due to illness in 2012. She also pulled out of next week's ASB Classic in Auckland after she had been handed a wildcard to the New Zealand tournament.

Zvonareva's ranking has dropped to 96 after she competed in just 10 tournaments last year.

Spain's Rafael Nadal is due to make his comeback, after six months out with injury, next week in Abu Dhabi.

And marca.com reports he will play at the Barcelona Open in April next year, according to BBC monitoring.

• Admin
MADRID, Dec 28 (Reuters) - French Open champion Rafa Nadal has been forced to withdraw from next month's Australian Open due to a stomach virus that has disrupted his recovery from a knee injury, the world number four said on Friday.

"My knee is much better and the rehabilitation process has gone well as predicted by the doctors, but this virus didn't allow me to practise this past week," the Spaniard said in a statement.

"Therefore I am sorry to announce that I will not play in Doha and the Australian Open, as we had initially scheduled."

• 3 weeks later...

Australian Open is underway with Novak Djokovic already through, so is Britain's Heather Watson in the women's draw. Serena and Sharapova both won dropping 1 game between them and some more big guns are up later today.

Andy Murray has just gone two sets up against Robin Haase, a nice easy way for him to start the year. 6-3, 6-1 so far.

All good on the home front so far. Murray, Robson and Watson sailing through. I know Baker lost but he was never really going to beat Rosol.

If Robson can knock off Kvitova now that'd be amazing, two quite similar players going against one another.