Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

• Admin

Dieumerci Mbokani: Norwich sign striker on loan from Dynamo Kiev - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34110794

Jozo Simunovic: Celtic getting closer to signing Croatian defender - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34105607

Tyler Blackett has joined Celtic on loan from Man Utd for the season .

Villa target Adem Ljajic has joined Inter on loan.

Juventus have signed Hernanes. 

West Ham's Maïga has left to play in Saudi Arabia. 

• Like 1

Why do people think that throwing money at DeGea is going to work now? They've just delayed his dream move by not sending the paperwork through quickly enough, if anything he's going to be in more of a sulk than before

• Like 2

As someone who is not party to the goings on of this can someone summarise it for me?

The De Gea deal? AFAIK, it was all agreed - £29m and we get Navas in return. Apparently the relevant paper work wasn't submitted in time to beat the midnight (Spanish time) deadline. They can and will appeal it, you'd think.

Navas fucked it up. Needed convincing (i.e. moar money) to join us and his demands delayed the transfer enough that either United did send the email 1 minute late (which the club denies) or it was sent in a format that for some reason Real couldn't open until after the deadline (which seems odd in itself).

Either way, it'll be interesting to see if the Spanish FA allow the transfer to happen. There's no precedent for it but this is Madrid and they can try to go to FIFA to appeal it. If FIFA accepts that appeal though, it raises the question of why even have transfer windows anyway?

Why do people think that throwing money at DeGea is going to work now? They've just delayed his dream move by not sending the paperwork through quickly enough, if anything he's going to be in more of a sulk than before

Dream move :lol:

I'll watch from about 12.

“La Liga had said Real Madrid’s paperwork turned up 28 minutes late. However, I’m now hearing from the La Liga offices that they haven’t received any documentation about David de Gea at all! Not on time, not early, not minutes late, nothing at all. As we speak, no paperwork asking to add De Gea to the Real Madrid squad. The plot thickens..."