Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Today Fifa Interactive World Cup 2014 Grand Final competitor David Bytheway and Football Manager expert Alex Stewart will be providing insight and analysis of players involved in deals from a gamer's perspective.

"Cuadrado is a popular player on Fifa 15 because he's extremely fast and has five star skill moves which is up there with the likes of Neymar and Ronaldo. Schurrle is a useful player because he has decent pace and is always a threat around the box due to his good shooting stats. Both players trade even blows in the attacking and technical department and are both great attacking options but it's the defensive work that separates them.

"Cuadrado's defensive stats are substantially better than Schurrle's. His marking is 54 which is 31 ratings better than Schurrle's dismal 23. It's not just the marking he wins in, his standing and sliding tackle stats are 25 and 23 ratings better which makes it an easy win for Cuadrado."

"Don't know what Van Gaal is playing at with this signing really. £36m for Martial and he's only 69 rated. Would have been much better buying Michael Drennan from Villa. Sherwood would probably sell him for a song and he was up to 87 rated within 3 seasons on my career mode, 99 pace. Beast."

Atletico did sign Kranevitter last week though, so that's another FM gem from this year off the list.

I don't know about Balanta IRL but clubs should be all over Sisto like a rash. Surprised nobody made a move for him yet.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

CNwfcQRWUAEaSv5.jpg

Sky need to stop with this Football Manager attributes comparison madness.

I like that they've chosen the only five attributes where the two are comparable, but ignored things like reflexes, handling, communication etc. where DDG is miles better. 

If FM tells me anything it's that somebody should be all over Gaston Gil Romero.

Also, apparently rumours Rojo might be leaving now.

If that's true, what is happening there? Wouldn't that just leave them with Darmian, Jones, Smalling, McNair and Shaw in defence? Seems terribly light and... weak.

• Like 1