2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

He's off convincing himself that Tebow magically got better in his two years off like all the other Philly fans. :P

Actually I've been hunting around the house for where my brother-in-law keeps the key to the gun locker

• Like 3

Ok...after having a few beers, a few hours to think about it, and put it in perspective, here is my honest opinion of the Tebow signing

VFPVt3N.gif

We signed him for 1 year, which doen't scream "Starting QB!!!!". Right now, he's 4th, at best 3rd, on the depth chart. He's a body brought in to fill out the roster in case of a draft day trade. At worst, he'll be a late cut in the preseason. At best, he'll be gone by the time training camp starts up.

He's off convincing himself that Tebow magically got better in his two years off like all the other Philly fans. :P

No, I haven't been doing that. Tebow sucks. I've always thought Tebow sucked. I always though Vick sucked ...cheered for him when he was in Philly solely because he was on my team, but was never crazy about him. Tebow being an Eagle won't change my opinion either. Tebow is terribleHe'll be off this team quickly

• Like 1

It makes sense to sign Tebow. He'll be on a low contract, be QB3 at best and sells a boatload of jerseys. He'll only be used in gimmick packages if he ever does see the field, it's a clever signing.

I think Tebow has a legit shot at being #3 on the depth chart. It was widely reported the Eagles were looking to trade Barkley for a low round pick. He'll also sell more shirts than GJ Kinne ever will. >_>

But yeah, Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow as the QB triumvirate. That could be an interesting season, particularly if Bradford gets injured...

I don't think there is a potential "game-changer" in next year's draft, as of right now, like Winston, but there is a ton of talent. Guys like Connor Cook, Kevin Hogan, Gunner Kiel, Jonathan Goff, Dak Prescott, and Christian Hackenberg are all guys that'll likely be in the draft next year and they're all strong armed gunslingers.

Their development is a huge reason why college football is more fun to watch than pro.

• Like 1

There was a time Matt Barkley was a guaranteed number one pick had he left school early, but he stayed around an extra year and his development completely stagnated. Then you'll have your 2-3 year starters who show all the potential in the world as freshmen and just never build on that, despite winning games in college they never actually get better. Tim Tebow is the ultimate example of that.