The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club's hierarchy that he must play the five loan signings made from Newcastle.
Midfielders Gael Bigirimana and Haris Vuckic, defenders Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete and left-sided Northern Ireland cap Shane Ferguson joined on Monday.
McDowall says he has been told by chief executive Derek Llambias and football board chairman Sandy Easdale that the quintet must start every game.
Rangers play Raith Rovers on Sunday.

I don't know how true any of that is but I assume a lot of them are an upgrade of on Rangers' existing squad anyway. I have no idea what their players are like but I'd like to think Vuckic, Bigi and Ferguson are well above the 2nd tier in Scotland.

Surely there is no way to actually enforce that though? If the manager didn't do it and was subsequentally sacked, the LMA would get him a massive payout.

Although I don't know if the LMA cover Scottish football but I if not I imagine there is an equivilant body.

I hope he does, I'm sixth in line for the Rangers job after the branch manager of Sports Direct Glasgow and could use a bit of extra cash.

Do it for a week, tender my resignation and start planting some spring flowers and trimming that hedge I've been meaning to do since August.

All for £5,000 a week.

How are they even allowed to do that? Surely it is more evidence for the SFA that Ashley's involvement in Rangers contravenes their rules on dual-club ownership?

Utter nonsense, I wish someone would step in. I don't think there are any rules set out by the Premier League/F.A. on owning multiple clubs across different nations is there?