Football Manager 2015

Dan

It's a sign of how little I've changed the team that Aiden McGeady scored the goals that sealed our second title.

Had an awful run with injuries, losing Besic for 5 months and Lukaku for 3. Luckily, I'd brought in Paco Alcacer on loan at the start of the season. He barely played until February, but has since netted 12 times in Lukaku's absence.

The team that knocked out Real;

Timo Horn, Seamus Coleman, John Stones, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Lorenzo Crisetig, James McCarthy, Ross Barkely, Steven Pienaar, Bernardo Silva, Kevin Mirallas.

Substitute Pienaar for Lukaku (with Mirallas moving out wide) and it's basically my strongest 11.

Two games away from a treble. Chelsea in the FA Cup and Leverkusen in the Champions League.

I would, if it wasn't Blackburn. :(

Keep asking for a bigger stadium, but lol no, it is like we don't want to make money. I could sell my new star striker, Phil Murphy, a regen. Him being an Aussie can be awkward when it comes to internationals but I would have to spend all the money I got for him to replace him.

There's a huge difference between the owners too. 

Newcastle had £70mil in the bank before the season and gave me £13mil to spend, Liverpool were in debt because of the Anfield expansion and they still gave me £50mil.

Been wanting to start a journeyman game to play alongside my Everton one. Decided to experiment and load up every league in Europe - database size of 120,000. FM rates my computer at 5 stars, so hopefully it will run reasonably well.

Just holidaying through to the end of the transfer window to see what's available. job wise...

No decent jobs available in October so fast forward to the end of January and I'm the new manager of newly promoted FK Tonsberg of the Norwegian 2nd Division. I told the board we could stay up just to get the job and we have 12 players. At least there are two months until the start of the season to get some in.

Edited by Whisper

If I take over a club in administration, will that -10 points last all season long or until they get their finances straight? If it wasn't for the -10, we'd be three points clear of relegation, but we're a nice ways back since the previous manager didn't seem to know how to spend.

So this job I've taken in the Norwegian bottom tier. I'm at a newly promoted club, who only had a few players when I took over. Looked at my finances and I have a wage budget of 5k for some reason! The average wage of decent players at this level is £120 and there are loads of players available on free transfers from other lower league sides in Norway.

By the end of this pre-season I might've put together a side capable of challenging at the top, as opposed to the board expectation of "fight bravely against relegation".

I feel that LLM is pretty easy to get right. Get some fast forwards/wingers, get some hossy defenders, and get a guy who is a decent passer, and you can make a big for promotion no matter how low your team is rated.

My biggest challenge personally was with Skive IK in the second Danish division, the reason for this was a division between amateur/semi-pro and Pro teams in that league which meant that the pro-teams always had a huge advantage in match fitness and being able to attract better players. Took me a good 3 seasons to get over that hump purely because I had a huge training/fitness disadvantage.

If there's no such hump in a lower league, you're always a few good signings removed from shooting up the pyramid.

Just noticed that in the 3rd season of my Newcastle/Liverpool game that Sunderland are in League 1 after consecutive relegations!  :lol:

Never had that happen so fast before and even better, they're 10th after 15 games.