Football Manager 2015

Dan

Finished respectably at 13th with Leicester in my first season in the Prem. Spurs seriously under performed and sacked their manager, so I went for the job. Ended up getting it, and although I think I could've done a lot with Leicester team, obviously Spurs was too good to turn down for me.

The squad needed a lot rebuilding, but thought I'd done well to bring a bunch of young players in at the start of the season. The one place we didn't need fixing was up front, as we have three very good strikers, one with bags of potential.

...and 10 or 11 games in I'm doing the worst I've ever done with a team before. Outside of a 3-0 win against Arsenal, I'm just doing so badly, and I wouldn't be surprised if I got sacked soon. I can't win away. I dominate games at home, but don't score, despite the wealth of strikers and two great inside forwards. I'm trying everything, but other than the win at Arsenal, nothing's really working. Things are getting slightly better, but it's just not happening for me at all. We have shots, we create 2 or 3 clear cut chances a game, but my really good strikers just aren't putting enough away, and my attacking mids aren't chipping in goal-wise really.

:(

How are you using your inside forwards? I ask because mine weren't scoring much at all, so i decided to switch them to support roles, rather than attack. It's made a lot of difference, especially with attacking full backs bombing past them.

When I made the change, I forgot that my Complete Forward is also on a support duty. I'd never normally have a front 3 all on support but it's working so I'm not changing a thing!

I haven't found much success with indside forwards this year. I think they expose the full backs too much. Instead I play wingers set to attack from the LM and RM positions with instructions to cut in as much as possible. Lefty on the right and righty on the left as always!

I find midfield wingers of any role are pretty useless full stop this year. Wing backs are the way to go, and use those spared up midfield wing slots for deep lying forwards. A good old 4-3-3 has seen me break scoring records all over the place this year. Before that I had a more defensive 5-3-2 with wing backs pushed forward that was doing reasonably, but not getting the shots I'd like. You'll get a lot of "we're being over run in midfield" messages, but it's horseshit, especially when you have achieved 5+ goal difference in single matches against nearly every team in the league over the last half a in-game decade >_>

I'm in the middle of November right now, and I am just... getting annoyed by the league performances.

In the Europa League I have dominated the groups and after 4 games I am clinched at the first spot, Partizan, Gent, OFI are the other teams and they're simply getting dominated by me.

League Cup i'm in the quarter finals after beating Southampton and Villa in the third and fourth round respectively, again not much in terms of challenge, the Villa game was played with a full reserve side and we won 4-1... and Charlton won't be an issue either in the quarters.

But in the league i'm tied 5th with Forest, with Burnley on the fourth place. Whilst I am only 4 points removed from Man Utd the leader (after 11 games). The goals have been few and far between in the league, and Jay Hill with 3 goals is the leading Liverpool player in the league.

It only gets more frustrating when Azzaoui has 6 goals in 4 games in the Europa League, and has only 1 goal in 10 games in the league.

I think when the team finds it's scoring touch we'll be alright, but it's just annoying having to scrape in wins, and losing 1-2, or 0-1 to Burnley and Newcastle.

Managed to turn my season around, going on an eleven-game beaten run which has just taken me past Christmas, including two wins against City. Ditched the inside forwards, to bring them back, one as a winger, and Lamela as a Wide playmaker, pairing Corentin Jean up front with Harry Kane, and it's produced results so far. The other Spurs players left include Lloris, Bentaleb and Davies, as I just sold Kyle Walker. I'm now in 2022 btw. 

Tried to bring a 32 year old Gareth Bale back to Spurs from PSG. £1 mil fee agreed, and managed to get his agent to agree to 78K a week, but Bale turned it down. Got more in the wage budget, and now his original demands of 115K have turned to 300k. Really wanted to bring him back, he'd actually be great cover for Lamela and Yannick Ferreira Carrasco. 

Either way, hopefully can keep this up, now sitting 6th, about 6 points behind 4th placed Norwich. Season aim was to get Europa League qualification as I rebuild the team, so I'm happy with that. 

Definitely didn't expect my Everton season to end up in a precession towards the title. Won it by 15 points in the end and beat Napoli to win the Europa League.

So much for the challenge of returning the glory days to Everton!

Pretty good for the first season with transfer budgets turned off. Though I did pick up Bernardo Silva in January - he netted 5 goals in 9 starts, including a brace in a 2-1 win at Arsenal.

Swept the end of season awards too. Manager of the year, Writer's player of the year for Baines, player's player for Lukaku and young player to Barkley.

Couldn't resist bidding for Balanta (though will only be the second time I've ever bought him on any FM), and I've got £20m to play with in the summer. Keeping hold of Lukaku, Baines, Barkley, Stones and Mirallas will be the big challenge methinks.

Definitely didn't expect my Everton season to end up in a precession towards the title. Won it by 15 points in the end and beat Napoli to win the Europa League.

So much for the challenge of returning the glory days to Everton!

Pretty good for the first season with transfer budgets turned off. Though I did pick up Bernardo Silva in January - he netted 5 goals in 9 starts, including a brace in a 2-1 win at Arsenal.

Swept the end of season awards too. Manager of the year, Writer's player of the year for Baines, player's player for Lukaku and young player to Barkley.

Couldn't resist bidding for Balanta (though will only be the second time I've ever bought him on any FM), and I've got £20m to play with in the summer. Keeping hold of Lukaku, Baines, Barkley, Stones and Mirallas will be the big challenge methinks.

Will it though? I managed to keep hold of all my PSV players just by putting their value at 20-45 mil.

Just completed the Quadruple with Newcastle in Season Six

Full strength First Team Is

GK - Paul Robinson / Russell Howarth

DR - Glen Johnson

DL - Aaron Hughes

DC - Lucio

DC - Woodgate / Mexes

MC - Jermaine Jenas

MR - Kieron Dyer

ML - Arjen Robben

AMC - Diego

FC - Henry (On A Free!!!)