2014 NFL Season

Dan

The stats seem to show this isn't just a "they did it against the Colts" deal. The Patriots blow every metric out of the water in how fumble proof they are.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/25/patriots-fumble-nearly-impossible-rate/LCgrlUR9qgxDsIgcal9dUI/story.html

This is rather damning evidence. The WOWY stuff is really hard to ignore.

The NFL's media policies are stupid on so many levels. I'd say the only policy should be teams can't enforce media bans (otherwise you'd probably never see teams like the Pats allow their players to talk), just let it be up to the individual person. There are plenty of guys who actually LIKE to talk to the media, enjoy it, and possibly want to use that experience talking to the media to get into broadcasting after they stop playing. It's not like if talking to the media was optional, all of the players and coaches would suddenly stop doing it.

The stats seem to show this isn't just a "they did it against the Colts" deal. The Patriots blow every metric out of the water in how fumble proof they are.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/25/patriots-fumble-nearly-impossible-rate/LCgrlUR9qgxDsIgcal9dUI/story.html

This is rather damning evidence. The WOWY stuff is really hard to ignore.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710

Richard Sherman's girlfriend is in Arizona and is due to give birth at some point next week. However if she happens to go into labor early, Sherman has said he intends on immediately going to the hospital to be present for the birth, even if it means missing the Super Bowl.

Obviously, being there for the birth of your child takes precedence over any football game and I think any rational person understands that. But you just know there are going to be so many idiots criticizing Sherman for it anyway.

Richard Sherman's girlfriend is in Arizona and is due to give birth at some point next week. However if she happens to go into labor early, Sherman has said he intends on immediately going to the hospital to be present for the birth, even if it means missing the Super Bowl.

Obviously, being there for the birth of your child takes precedence over any football game and I think any rational person understands that. But you just know there are going to be so many idiots criticizing Sherman for it anyway.

I'm just waiting for it to happen mid-game, and see the Shermanator charge off the field as soon as he hears.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for it to happen mid-game, and see the Shermanator charge off the field as soon as he hears.

I want to see him get word before the final play of the game:

Seattle are up by 4 with 90 seconds on the clock, the Patriots have the ball on the Seattle 20 yard line. The Patriots snap the Ball, Brady throws to Gronk in the endzone but Sherman leaps up and snatches the ball then runs it all the way to the house... he carries on down the tunnel with the ball and runs all the way to the hospital just in time for the birth.

Then he gives an interview at his girlfriend's bedside.

Goodell would probably fine him $100k for removing the ball from the stadium.

• Like 1

I heard Pete Carroll asked goddell if there would be a fine for deflating a womb.

Sherman finds out his girlfriend is in labor as they come in for the ridiculously long halftime. Gets to the hospital in time for the birth. Gets back to the stadium late in the 4th quarter and gets the game-clinching interception to defeat the evil cheating Patriots.

Disney couldn't script it better.

• Like 1

Jaguars owner Shad Khan on if he would welcome back suspended receiver Justin Blackmon if he’s reinstated:

“Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I’m very optimistic. I think he’s paid his dues. I think he’s got his life together. I think he can be a role model for people who have gone through hard times. We’re waiting for him.”

It's the first time anyone has said they're optimistic about him coming back. It's looking like he will, not sure if he'll be good or not after so long out or if he lasts more than 2 games but I'd be so happy to see him back.

Hall of Fame Class of 2015:

RB Jerome Bettis

WR Tim Brown

DE Charles Haley

GM Bill Polian

LB Junior Seau

G Will Shields

C Mick Tingelhoff

GM Ron Wolf

Good HOF class. I thought Kurt Warner or Orlando Pace might have gotten in on their first ballot but Tim Brown and Jerome Bettis were definitely due from the offensive side. Pace will probably go in next year. Warner will need to wait until 2017 as Favre is a lock for next year and they generally try to diversify positions.

Marvin Harrison's omission is fascinating and makes me wonder if he'll ever get it. Surely they must have weighed what he's been accused of and associated with since retiring, because otherwise he'd be a first ballot guy, no question.