2014 NFL Season

Dan

Nice use of caps lock. :(Y):

Nah I (as countless others before me including Don Shula and Jerry Rice have) was more pointing out that there was Spygate, their past misuse of the injury report, multiple instances where they've been accused of underhanded acts by opposing coaches and players (this is hearsay but naturally comes under increased scrutiny in the light of other allegations), and now this most recent scandal where it's been confirmed they had 11 of 12 balls deflated sometime between the initial inspection by the official and halftime.

But yes lobby an accusation personally at me and then accuse me of doing the same when that's very obviously not the case.

It was my imitation of someone doing crazy, baseless accusations. Because you made crazy, baseless allegations. Yes, I will lobby an accusation personally at you. Because you personally just did the exact thing I represented, and "I'm still mad because he beat my team" was a better explanation than "I enjoy making crazy, baseless allegations of Tom Brady". Review these statements:

Tom Brady was on the Patriots at the time of Spygate, and maybe might have been involved. As a result, all subsequent acts that might be suspicious done by anyone on the Patriots are all further indictments that Tom Brady is a cheater.

Ray Lewis was at the scene when a guy was murdered, and maybe might have been involed. As a result, all subsequent murders done by anyone in Baltimore are all further indictments that Ray Lewis is a murderer.

You're implying the first thing, if not outright saying it. If you can't see how that a) the second statement is ridiculous, b) the leaps in logic are identical, (although the crimes are clearly not) and therefore c) the first is equally ridiculous, then you're beyond help. Good luck with your vendetta.

Probably.

But can we just wait until it's proven before we execute them?! I mean, I know it's the internet and all, so the answer is likely no. But can we just wait for it all to be decided, and if Gano's statements matter at all, and then execute them all?

This whole argument has made me hate NFL fans (well not that I didn't already). It's turned into Pats fans with the "Yeah well we still would have kicked their ass", that's fine, but don't get indignant that your team was caught tampering and called out on it. And it's not the first time, it's a pattern.

Then of course the other side has the funny names like Deflatriots and Bellicheat, and are calling for suspensions, fines, and loss of draft picks.

Eh, it's really the kind of shit that is just driving me from being an NFL fan.

I think you've overreacted a bit Plubby, I think Show was clear and concise on his feelings about the Pats and the deflating. It wasn't quite as drastic as your response would seem. And I agree with you, innocent until proven guilty, but the reports are are now that they are guilty.

This whole argument has made me hate NFL fans (well not that I didn't already). It's turned into Pats fans with the "Yeah well we still would have kicked their ass", that's fine, but don't get indignant that your team was caught tampering and called out on it. And it's not the first time, it's a pattern.

Then of course the other side has the funny names like Deflatriots and Bellicheat, and are calling for suspensions, fines, and loss of draft picks.

Eh, it's really the kind of shit that is just driving me from being an NFL fan.

I think you've overreacted a bit Plubby, I think Show was clear and concise on his feelings about the Pats and the deflating. It wasn't quite as drastic as your response would seem. And I agree with you, innocent until proven guilty, but the reports are are now that they are guilty.

You've just described most New England sports fans to a tee. The Pats built a 16-0 season on that as a motivating factor. This latest stuff is just another layer on their the shit sundae that is this franchise. They're classless assholes when they are doing well, then when they get caught cheating, they refuse to take accountability and instead twist the narrative so that they're the victims.

• Like 1

I'm in the boat of nailing the Patriots if they're found guilty of this. It says a lot if they were looking out for it in the game.

Regardless there's an asterix next to their titles including what ever happens in 2 weeks.

If 11 out of 12 balls were deflated, doesn't that mean it was highly likely that the Colts also received the same advantage?

Apparently each team supplies their own balls.

...and i'll see you all in the OOC thread that definitely doesn't exist.

SSSHHHH....don't tell the proles about the place that totes doesn't exist....

...on topic, punishment for Deflategate will be...?