2014 NFL Season

Dan

I think it'd be silly for anybody to think the Pats wouldn't have won that game without deflating the footballs. That being said if they're able to conclusively determine that they did it, I hope they get punished worse than SpyGate. It doesn't matter if the violation is far less severe, the fact is they've been caught cheating before and now may be cheating again.

They lost a first round pick for SpyGate, so I'd probably start with banning them from participating in the first two days of the draft, meaning they don't pick until round 4. Harsh? Yes. But if these cheating allegations wind up being true it's pretty clear the leadership in that organization is encouraging it.

The NFL would never do it though. The Patriots would simply appeal and probably win or get the sanctions lessened.

• Like 1

As much as I enjoy watching the NFL, I can't help thinking that ultimately, it's a corrupt business. I find it almost disgusting the way some of the players are legally protected (off the field), and it's just...yeah. I really don't think it matters if the Pats cheated or not; all this is going to do is generate more interest in the Super Bowl, more fans hating New England for being New England, and if guilty, a penalty that the team will probably just shrug off.

I mean. There are two teams whose players almost certainly murdered dudes, get tuck rules and missed field goals called in their favour...all the time. And they get constantly rewarded. And here you and poor Dan are, stuck supporting Tampa and Jacksonville :(

Hard for it to not seem corrupt, really.

And here you and poor Dan are, stuck supporting Tampa and Jacksonville :(

Except, unlike Dan....my team knows how to win a conference championship. :D

• Like 1

Doug Marrone is the new Jaguars O-Line coach.

Sadly George Yarno has been let go, he was fighting cancer all last season so wasn't with the team. Hopefully he can win his battle.

Good luck with Saint Doug. If he does to the Jags line what he did in Buffalo I wouldn't get too attached to him.

Well if can bring us down from 71 sacks given up to the 39 Buffalo gave up I would be delighted.

I actually just looked up the offensive rankings (And they certainly were offensive, har har) for the Jags vs the Bills, I hadn't realized how shitty your team was last year.

Maybe Marrone will be an improvement. :P

Seriously, 71 sacks? Holy fuck.

Well if can bring us down from 71 sacks given up to the 39 Buffalo gave up I would be delighted.

I actually just looked up the offensive rankings (And they certainly were offensive, har har) for the Jags vs the Bills, I hadn't realized how shitty your team was last year.

Maybe Marrone will be an improvement. :P

Seriously, 71 sacks? Holy fuck.

Yep, the offense was a joke. Especially early in the year with Henne and late in the year when Denard and Allen Robinson got injured.

The defense actually did really well for the most part. Lots of forced fumbles and sacks but the offense was a huge problem. It wasn't terrible QB play like in previous years but terrible line play and bad playcalling caused a lot of trouble.

In news that should make it even easier for the Ravens to claim bullshit field goals, they're experimenting with narrower ones at the Pro Bowl.

How would that make it easier?

And they're also only for PATs I thought? Not that I care, reading Pro Bowl news is the saddest thing in the world. Is it true Andy Dalton is playing or something?

• Like 1