2014 NFL Season

Dan

Marvin Harrison's omission is fascinating and makes me wonder if he'll ever get it. Surely they must have weighed what he's been accused of and associated with since retiring, because otherwise he'd be a first ballot guy, no question.

I would be shocked if Harrison doesn't get in soon. But WR more than any other position seems to get very backloaded. Rice was the last WR to get in on his first year of eligibility. I assume Harrison will go in either 2016 or 2017, largely depending on if the voters feel T.O. shouldn't get in first ballot in 2016 due to his off-the-field antics. I'd be pretty surprised if Randy Moss wasn't a first ballot guy in 2018.

It's amusing that TO's off field antics could be a sticking point, but no one brings up that Harrison is accused of murdering two people.

• Like 5

the nfl: where murder and spousal abuse are okay, but signing a football with a sharpie, eating popcorn, or smoking marijuana are capital offenses.

The FAA declared a no-drone zone around Phoenix for the Super Bowl. The stadium? Nope...the campus? Nope...the city of PHoenix? Nope..

a 60 mile radius around the city. For comparison, this is what a 30 mile radius looks like

r0xt4npn4vw3hiix4gqv.jpg

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, Harrison never got charged with anything and if I'm remembering correctly they confiscated a gun from him and did not find a match that could connect him to the shooting he was accused of. So I really do think the reason he hasn't gotten in yet is just because guys like Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Tim Brown, etc. had been waiting for longer. If voters weighed accusations heavily then I'm pretty sure Ray Lewis wouldn't be a first ballot guy either. But I think we all know who will be headlining the 2018 class.

But yes, it is a bit daft that T.O. may not go in straight away just because he was a known asshole. Players have done way worse.

It's a weird feeling knowing that tonight I'll be rooting for the Seahawks to win in Phoenix. I really didn't think they'd repeat as Super Bowl Champs until as late as two weeks ago but now I think they will do it.

It's a great overarching story if Wilson and the LoB can "end" two dynastic periods in successive years (obviously last year refers to just Peyton rather than a whole team).

Of course the Pats will probably end up sneaking a win in the last minute and we'll never hear the end of it from both sides of the Pats love/hate collision, especially with this latest "scandal" still going on.

I'm really hoping for just a good close game. Obviously I'd rather not see the Tom Terrific win another ring but if they do, the subplot of Eli being Brady's Super Bowl kyptonite will amuse me, so it's not all that bad!

I can't help but feel that New England is going to win tonight. With all the doubt and "controversy" that has gone on over the last couple weeks, it's the perfect storm for the underdog Pats to beat the defending champions. That and I think Green Bay owning Seattle for 50 of the 60 minutes last week was more telling than people are making it.

I can't help but feel that New England is going to win tonight. With all the doubt and "controversy" that has gone on over the last couple weeks, it's the perfect storm for the underdog Pats to beat the defending champions. That and I think Green Bay owning Seattle for 50 of the 60 minutes last week was more telling than people are making it.

Underdogs like John Cena.

• Like 4

Unless its a team I really can't stand, I stick with the NFC for the Super Bowl, so go Hawks!

• Like 1

I turned on Channel 4 for two minutes and saw Adam Richman off Man vs. Food talking about how Miss Universe was there, except the girls on screen just happened to be the Bella Twins.

Back to Sky it is then.

Someone just pointed out to me that this is the Frasier Crane Bowl. Kelsey Grammar should at least be there for the coin toss.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I want the Patriots, but I sure as shit will never root for that proven-cheater, prick-ass Pete Carroll.

So you're going to cheer for proven-cheater, prick-ass Bill Belichick instead? :P

Edited by TCO

• Admin

I turned on Channel 4 for two minutes and saw Adam Richman off Man vs. Food talking about how Miss Universe was there, except the girls on screen just happened to be the Bella Twins.

Back to Sky it is then.

Yay Bella's. Booo for the rest of that nonsense.

But yeah. Go Seahawks!