2014 NFL Season

Dan

FOXBORO, Mass. -

A source within the NFL tells wthr.com's Bob Kravitz that the league is investigating the possibility that the Patriots deflated footballs in their 45-7 win over the Colts Sunday night.

The source told Kravitz that officials took a ball out of play at one point and weighed it.

New York Newsday's Bob Glauber tweeted around 7 a.m. Monday that NFL Spokesman Michael Signora confirmed the WTHR exclusive that the NFL is looking into whether footballs were properly inflated during the Colts-Patriots game.

A deflated football could potentially be easier to throw and catch or more difficult, depending on how deflated it is.

Kravitz was told that if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs, it would result in lost draft picks for the Patriots.

Deflating footballs isn't a new issue in the game of football.

A USC football manager was fired from the team in 2012 after taking the heat for intentionally deflating footballs in a game against Oregon.

This is just silly. I'm sure the Patriots always got the easy to catch balls. That's why they ran for 200 yards. And the poor Colts had the hard to catch one's but were secretly switched back to easy when it was time for Luck to throw a pick

It sounds silly, but that exact thing happened at USC a few seasons ago. Of course, the coaching staff threw the kid equipment manager under the bus, claiming he did it without the staff knowing about it, which is likely going to be the case if this happens to be true.

Haha lets move on so! :lol:

On that game, something I noticed.

24D2F1A500000578-2916040-image-a-40_1421

A few Green Bay DBs including Sam Shields and Tramon Williams were wearing Cristiano Ronaldo branded Vapor Superfly football boots! Thought it was really weird to see NFL players wearing them.

There's a long history of WR wearing soccer cleats, mostly because they're usually lighter than football cleats.

As far as the defeated footballs go,that would explain that weird sequence when they switched the balls out. Don't think it made a difference, they could have played with a basketball and Indy wasn't going to stop Blount.

Yeah but the fact that they dominates the Colts should make it even more offensive that they may have cheated, because there was no need to do.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/19/7852713/adam-gase-jaguars-doug-marrone-greg-olson-offensive-staff

There is no official deal on the table, but a source familiar with the situation indicates that the team would like to hire Gase as the offensive coordinator, Marrone as the offensive line coach and Olson as the quarterbacks coach or in some other offensive capacity.

Interesting...

I wouldn't get too excited for Gase, Peyton Mannig tends to make offensive coordinators look good. As for Morrone, gosh, great career move, fucking over the Bills really paid off!

Also, watched NBCSports last night and however bad Kevin Gilbride was as a coordinator, he is much worse as a talking head. When discussing how Kyle Shannahan might work as an OC inn Atlanta he said it wasn't a good fit because Matt Ryan isn't the type of QB he is used to and won't fit his scheme. Just because you were incapable of adjusting your gameplan, doesn't mean everyone else is too.

Blount being made out to be a superhero is pissing me off as well. He was lucky to get picked up by the Steelers, bitched and moaned when he wasn't getting enough playing time being stuck in the depth chart behind some guy who did nothing but be the leader in all-scrimmage yards in the league with a quarterback that only threw the equal most passing yards in the league, gets cut because he's being an ass, and gets picked up by the Pats because Julius Gray overslept. Now he's running all over the place against defences playing to stop their Hall of Fame quarterback and not some guy picked up off the street.

He is not a hero, he's an average running back getting lucky.

• Like 1

Since the media always stretch for as many stories as possible for the Super Bowl week, I cannot wait for somebody to try to make LeGarrette Blount sound like someone who overcame a tremendous amount of adversity this season to get to where he is now.

Well, he was a Buccaneer....

HeadCheese look away!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460883/article/how-they-lost-eight-plays-that-doomed-the-packers

Just amazing to watch these plays back, literally any of these apart from the winning TD could've ended the game in a Packers win. I don't think we'll ever see a win as lucky as that ever again. I still can't believe it. The fake field goal shenanigans isn't even included!

This is just silly. I'm sure the Patriots always got the easy to catch balls. That's why they ran for 200 yards. And the poor Colts had the hard to catch one's but were secretly switched back to easy when it was time for Luck to throw a pick

Since each team provides their own balls, yea that's what could've happened

Since each team provides their own balls, yea that's what could've happened

Yeah my point which I now realize no one was arguing :P was that the Patriots would have won no matter what even if they did do this.