Watch Dogs

Baddar

One sign I hacked said:

"Badger badger

badger badger"

And yeah, it seems like Ubisoft has really long credits.

All the signs will give the same list of meme references it seems actually. Some Aiden-ified, some not ("I Like Turtles")

Also

Taking on Iraq was REALLY easy.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Oh and if anyone has trouble with the serial killer investigations in Pawnee...

The one that seems to be in a cabin you can only see through the camera, there's a large hole in the top of one of the short walls of the cabin, climb one of the rocks and mess with the camera view to get to it. The opening doesn't give you much room for error so keep playing with it until you get it. Then look directly down. There's no audio log in the cabin.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Really? Odd, I couldn't get in.

Anyway, finished the game. Awesome finale.

Aiden reacted to Dedsec's plan exactly the way I hoped he would. Fuck those guys.

• 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone make of the PC mod that recently came out?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/16/watch-dogs-pc-mod-makes-it-look-as-good-as-ubisofts-e3-2012-demo/

It returns the game to the same quality that you saw at E3 2012, and I've seen reports as well of people saying that the game actually performs better with this mod attached.

It sure makes it pretty, but a lot of responses to it talk about how it makes enemies/objective markers/etc. far more difficult to see in the distance.

Ubi's come under fire recently for some Grade-A B.S. ("too expensive to make female characters!"), but I can't fault them for this one. Still a simple, yet cool mod, though.

Wasn't it some bullshit about how the female bone structure/features were much tougher to do? Read an article on it last week.

That played a bit of a role, as one of the issues specifically brought us was how women walk versus how men walk. A former animation director went on record saying that all the work Ubi claimed it would take would last all of a couple of days or so. (These were talked about as a recent topic on Rooster Teeth's "The Patch" podcast.)

Yeah, on that podcast I believe they said a few days after someone made the "too much work/money to put into creating female characters" comment, I guess someone else in Ubisoft made a (much better) claim that despite having the co-op story, everyone would still be playing as Arno despite the people you're playing with looking differently. It's a bit more understandable for why you can't play as a female in the story, but it would be nice if a main Assassin's Creed game had a playable female or if you could choose between male or female at the beginning. By that I mean a game that isn't exclusive to a handheld that didn't seem all that popular at the time.

Expensive? What the heck's meant to be expensive about it?

I assume they meant from the perspective of resources instead of money.

Yeah, on that podcast I believe they said a few days after someone made the "too much work/money to put into creating female characters" comment, I guess someone else in Ubisoft made a (much better) claim that despite having the co-op story, everyone would still be playing as Arno despite the people you're playing with looking differently. It's a bit more understandable for why you can't play as a female in the story, but it would be nice if a main Assassin's Creed game had a playable female or if you could choose between male or female at the beginning. By that I mean a game that isn't exclusive to a handheld that didn't seem all that popular at the time.

I don't think there'll ever be the "option" in an Assassin's Creed game. They like to tell a very specific story that would be hurt by two different character choices.

Fuck those end credits. Just give me my trophy and fuck off.

Also, end game spoilers

Didn't like that final mission with Damien. Frustrated the hell out of me.

I felt the story should have finished at killing Lucky, too.

I didn't think it was that hard....

Just need to use jammers and blackouts creatively, and expect steam pipes to be blown... other than that, just focus on the targets that are legit ones and don't rely on the GPS