The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

As I posted, Sky listed a bunch of things Smalling I'd high on the list for this season.

Aerials won 1st

Blocks 1st

Games joint 1st (kind of irrelevant)

Goals 1st

Clearances 3rd

Interceptions 3rd

50m bids plus, please!

Like I say, he's definitely improved. There are times when he's made some great goal saving tackles. But he's prone to mistakes, injury, and loves wandering into midfield with the ball, only to turn back to try and find De Gea from 45 yards.

Are they stats for just United or is it based on defenders in the Prem? Didn't realise he is 25, it's definitely a smart move signing him to a new deal as he's had some pretty impressive performances and has gotten better compared to last season or two seasons ago, even if he is prone to the odd mental lapse. The pros outweight the cons quite heavily.

• Admin
Sky and BT Sport have paid £5.13bn for live Premier League television rights for three seasons from 2016-17.
West Ham's cheapest adult season ticket in that season will cost £289, down from between £620 and £940 for the 2014-15 campaign.
The 2016-17 season will be the club's first playing in the Olympic Stadium.