The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I'm not watching. Has the "boycott" had much impact on attendance?

Announced was 47,400 and the average is about 51,000, so less than 10%ish.

Ashley will still want the club in the Premier League. Two wins and not a single point since February would indicate Carver isn't exactly a tactical genius.

Oddschecker has Shteve at 1/20 to be the next manager. He's done a pretty good job almost everywhere he's been so I wouldn't mind him one bit. Hopefully Derby don't go up now!

I'm not watching. Has the "boycott" had much impact on attendance?

Announced was 47,400 and the average is about 51,000, so less than 10%ish.

That number is based on tickets sold rather than bums on seats. I'm not great at estimating crowds, but I'd say there were at least 10-12k empty seats. Had a wander to the protest at the Gallowgate pre-game, 200 people looking a bit pathetic.

Highlight of the game was unquestionably the man in front of me who'd forgotten to bring a cap, so fashioned one from newspaper. It was incredible.

Kouyate absolutely destroys Silva with an elbow to the jaw, only a yellow.

EDIT: Silva is going off on a stretcher. No retrospective action can be taken. Lovely.

It's clearly accidental.

lol, no.

There's a bunch of Liverpool fans who'll just hate Brendan Rodgers and beat him with any stick they can find.

He did more yesterday to try and change the game than, say, Steven Gerrard.

They're probably some of the same people who boo Raheem Sterling and think Jordan Ibe is a better player.

I find it funny that some people expect Jurgen Klopp or Rafa Benitez to replace Rodgers. Klopp surely has bigger fish to fry, as does Rafa, whose woeful record towards the end of his Liverpool stint seems to have been conveniently forgotten.