The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Remy is 'better than 50-50' to be involved...which given past record seems to indicate that actually he still won't start and we'll have Drogba again.

The difficulty playing Drogba is that he's no longer mobile enough to create space with movement/lateral runs, which is why Hazard/etc. find themselves at the periphery of play for so much more of the game (we'll still get the same fancy little exchanges between him/Fabregas/Willian or Oscar...we just get them out on the flanks, 40 yards away from goal instead of around the edge of the box where they actually lend themselves to scoring opportunities). Since Hazard is relied upon to produce almost everything these days, this is a bit of a problem.

Yes, Drogba offers value as a target man to lump it to, but this in turn necessitates the rest of the team playing a whole lot narrower just to have a chance of picking up the second balls off him. Against QPR this resulted in almost every attack getting immediately crowded out in the centre. I fear we may see similar difficulties this afternoon.

Long story short: I really, really hope that Remy is fit and plays. :(

• Admin

Leonardo Ulloa handed a last-minute start for Leicester after David Nugent pulled up injured in the warm-up. And now Ulloa has just given Leicester an early lead against Swansea.

I don't know anything about either one of these teams. Is this worth watching?

Which game is it?

I don't know anything about either one of these teams. Is this worth watching?

Depends which teams they are!

Leicester winning at Swansea and Everton missing a big chance to go one up at Burnley (missed penalty) is not ideal for Villa. Albion winning too, but they should probably be just about clear of the bottom three anyways.