The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Definitely think Kane deserves young player of the year. I'd be tempted to say player of the year, but I think Hazard shades him on that. I say that for Kane just for the impact he's had in such a small amount of time, and he's also done it against the big teams. I'd also be tempted for Sanchez, but Hazard seems far more consistent. Almost definitely so bias, but I see much difference between Lloris and De Gea, so think our keeper's hard done by. To counteract the bias, I also think Giroud deserves to be in there for best player.

Not sure where I stand on the debate between best player and young player. I like Matt's(?) suggestion about a certain amount of appearances, or maybe starts. Seems crazy that Hazard is up for both.

Is that really Peter Beardsley? Fuck me, look what you are doing to him!

He also needs to start playing FM and realise Facundo Ferrerya will score about 5 goals a game for him at u21 level.

He's always looked like that!

That stunt Barrett pulled with Preston players sounds amazing.

Not surprising, is it? Considering references to "Chelsea rent boys" qualify under homophobic abuse, just to use one example.

(That link may happen to be a reference to a Spurs incident, but we all know that it's Liverpool fans' absolutely most favourite insult in the world)

That stunt Barrett pulled with Preston players sounds amazing.

Not surprising, is it? Considering references to "Chelsea rent boys" qualify under homophobic abuse, just to use one example.

(That link may happen to be a reference to a Spurs incident, but we all know that it's Liverpool fans' absolutely most favourite insult in the world)

It was amazing. They got so much heat and the players hammed it up big time.

Also, coughing (of League One) under his breath after calling the champions was fantastic.

I can't possibly imagine why Chelsea might have had difficulty demonstrating "the acceptance of doubtful decisions without protest" this season.

Hell, the Burnley game alone probably cost us a full seven points on that scale. Add those on and we're basically at the same level as Arsenal. :shifty:

I can't possibly imagine why Chelsea might have had difficulty demonstrating "the acceptance of doubtful decisions without protest" this season.

Hell, the Burnley game alone probably cost us a full seven points on that scale. Add those on and we're basically at the same level as Arsenal. :shifty:

"It is OK to be disrespectful to the ref when we think we're right"

- Everyone ever :shifty:

Carrick, Rojo, Jones and Blind will miss the Chelsea game. And Evans is still suspended. 3 points for Chelsea. Unless I'm missing someone out, I assume the line up will be;

De Gea

Valencia - Smalling - McNair(?) - Young

Herrera - Fellaini

Mata - Rooney - Di Maria

Falcao

Or Rooney where Fellaini is.

Edited by unitedツ

I have learnt from Lawrenson's predictions league table that he really overrates Hull and seems to despise Swansea.

He actually only predicted +10 points for Hull compared to real life. He predicted +23 points for Man City (and +14 for Chelsea, +11 for Everton)..

...-24 points for Swansea though. :shifty:

Carrick, Rojo, Jones and Blind will miss the Chelsea game. And Evans is still suspended. 3 points for Chelsea. Unless I'm missing someone out, I assume the line up will be;

De Gea

Valencia - Smalling - McNair(?) - Young

Herrera - Fellaini

Mata - Rooney - Di Maria

Falcao

Or Rooney where Fellaini is.

The tricky thing here is that I'm pretty certain we'll end up playing for a draw.

Talking of alternative PL tables, is the "Right Result" table still a thing? I say we collectively do one ourselves next season. Different deciding factors could be discussed beforehand.

Man Utd 114pts

Man City 114pts

Chelsea 114pts

Liverpool 108pts (114pts if hitting the post counts as goals)

• Like 1