The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

If someone has been that good this season then they should be up for player and not young player because they have been one of the best in the league. Coutinho should be up for young player cause he's been one of the better young players this season but he's not one of the top 6 best players this season.

Can you really call Eden Hazard a player who's 24 and made nearly 100 league appearances in 3 seasons a young up and comer now?

If you take people out of the Young Player because they're good enough for both then it completely devalues the Young award and players would miss out on it.

Only viable solution would be to count the Player of the Year first and then remove the winner from the reckoning for the Young Player, if he's happens to be eligible. The age is 23 at the start of the season which I don't see an issue with really, cut off point has to be some where. Hazard's youth shouldn't be discounted because he's achieved so much is such a short space of time.

• Like 1

If you're nominated for player of the year, you shouldn't be in young player of the year.

Simple!

But then you might not win player of the year, and an inferior player to you will win young player. That's just silly.

• Like 1

If you're nominated for player of the year, you shouldn't be in young player of the year.

Simple!

That doesn't work at all. If that were the case the 5th best Young Player of the Year would win the award this year, disqualifying the bet four simply because they're unfortunate enough to be in the best 6 players in the league.

Making the young player worthless. Hazard should win both but under the system I suggested I'd go with Hazard and Kane respectively.

I just think it's a bit silly to classify 23 as a 'young player', when the prime of most outfield attacking players (who make up the majority of nominees) is around 25-27.

Using Hazard as an extreme example, he's played 349 professional career club games, all at the top level and been capped 56 times. He's not exactly a rookie.

Should be <50 appearances in the premier league and 23 or under when the season begins. I mean, in theory a wonderkid come through at 16 and won the award 8 times which would be ridiculous.

Is that really Peter Beardsley? Fuck me, look what you are doing to him!

He also needs to start playing FM and realise Facundo Ferrerya will score about 5 goals a game for him at u21 level.

• Like 1