The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

There's more chance of one of the Newcastle fans here becoming Newcastle manager before Pardew comes back.

• Admin
Newcastle fans are planning to boycott Sunday's home match against Tottenham after it was revealed the club had more than £34m in their bank account at the end of the last financial year.
Newcastle recently announced a record annual profit of £18.7m for 2013-14, but many fans have criticised the ambition of owner Mike Ashley.
"A lot of fans would ask why was a significant portion of that money not spent on team strengthening," said Newcastle fanzine editor Mark Jensen.
"The idea of a boycott has been building for a long time and you can't blame the fans. The frustrating thing for them is the money is there but the club won't spend it."

Good idea if they actually go ahead with it. Only real thing the fans can do to hit Ashley.

The club is actually in amazing shape for once and if Ashley showed a bit more ambition with a bit less fuckery it could actually go places.

I'm boycotting the boycott. How can the same idiots who ran the Pardew Out campaign then complain that our team is doing badly under Carver? Surely you wait until at least the summer to see who comes in.

I agree with the vague sentiment (our attitude to cups is horrendous and the recruitment policy still isn't quite right), but this is just a knee jerk reaction to poor results, I'd respect it more had it followed a derby win rather than a run of losses.

Good idea if they actually go ahead with it. Only real thing the fans can do to hit Ashley.

The club is actually in amazing shape for once and if Ashley showed a bit more ambition with a bit less fuckery it could actually go places.

Not really.

Debt has doubled. Only now the debt is consolidated as a loan to Mike Ashley rather than multiple sources. Paying that off is where all the profits are going.

Commercial revenue is down.

Attendance is down.

Match day revenue is down.

The thing is though that we spent loads last summer, and as far as outgoings it's only Santon in January that really made me cry. Massive man tears. If we brought in a manager more suited to not being involved with player transfers, and at the same time used a bit more common sense (sign the much needed centre halves rather than 20 central midfielders) we'd be laughing.

They've announced the contenders for PFA Player and Young Player of the Year with 4 players appearing in both.

Men's PFA Players' Player of the Year:

Diego Costa, Chelsea; David de Gea, Manchester United; Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool; Eden Hazard, Chelsea; Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur; Alexis Sanchez, Arsenal.

Men's PFA Young Player of the Year:

Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea; Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool; David de Gea, Manchester United; Eden Hazard, Chelsea; Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur; Raheem Sterling, Liverpool.

Having players in both is stupid, you should be in one or the other. I'd take De Gea and Hazard out of young player and take Coutinho and Kane out of player of the year.

Edited by DavidMarrio