The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Oh fuck off.

Man United are fucking terrible, the sooner they get found out and get a spanking off a good side the better.

4th in the League, third best defence in the league, 4th best attack in the league.

Clearly a 'fucking terrible' team. ;)

Yes they are a terrible team.
Huh, must make the 16 teams below them really fucking bad then.
You have to remember that the last time we won the league, all 19 teams below us were "fucking shit" that season. <_<
I think the past two seasons have kind of proved that to be true. The same squad had the worst United Premier League performance ever. Now even with a stupid amount of money spent and creator of tactics LVG at the helm they're consitstenly playing the worst football I've ever seen United play in my lifetime.

That year was down to Ferguson magic, inconsistent challengers and RVP.

I suppose every title win comes down to something. Chelsea have been fantastic this season, but there's no-one really challenging them.

Trust me, I'll be surprised too if we get 4th place. De Gea has absolutely kept us in games, but that's what he's paid for.

United have a keeper on form and some forwards. Doesn't hurt that most teams in the league are terrible at defending.

Yeah, they beat Liverpool 3-0 earlier in the season but Liverpool were all over them most of the game. The scoreline really flattered United.

It was really after that game that Liverpool's form kicked into gear.

'Most teams'?

19 of them. Chelsea are the only team that look like they know what they're doing. The standard of defending generally this season has been abysmal.

• Like 1

What the hell is Aguero doing during Silva's goal? Toure chooses to go left rather than pass to him so he's standing miles from the area pouting for ten seconds as the rest of his team work a goal. Bizarre.

Someone for City just stopped playing in the game against Liverpool when a decision didn't go their way, its odd.

What the hell is Aguero doing during Silva's goal? Toure chooses to go left rather than pass to him so he's standing miles from the area pouting for ten seconds as the rest of his team work a goal. Bizarre.

Someone for City just stopped playing in the game against Liverpool when a decision didn't go their way, its odd.

I reckon it's because they're all luxury players. Also explains why City are so good when they have all the possession but shit the bed against good teams for the most part. Nobody can be arsed putting a shift in defensively.

• Like 2

Yeah, they beat Liverpool 3-0 earlier in the season but Liverpool were all over them most of the game. The scoreline really flattered United.

Same could be said when they played us.

In complete non-news, it's been reported that Chelsea have agreed a £2.3 million deal with Viitorul Constanta for the signature of 17 year old full-back Cristian Manea. The Romanian will apparently sign in the summer and, inevitably, immediately get loaned out to Vitesse or somewhere in Spain.

After all, we've been a bit shy on full-backs-who-don't-actually-play-for-us since Bertrand was sold...

'Most teams'?

19 of them. Chelsea are the only team that look like they know what they're doing. The standard of defending generally this season has been abysmal.

I was being generous. :P

Defending in the Premier League has been on a downward curve for a few seasons not just this one. At least after a crappy start Liverpool have become a lot harder to score against lately (the team recently either equaled or broke a 30 year record for clean sheets away from home). Who knew all it took was making Can a CB and the return of Sahko, who is not quite as ungainly as he lets on to be.

'Most teams'?

Defending in the Premier League has been on a downward curve for a few seasons not just this one. At least after a crappy start Liverpool have become a lot harder to score against lately (the team recently either equaled or broke a 30 year record for clean sheets away from home). Who knew all it took was making Can a CB and the return of Sahko, who is not quite as ungainly as he lets on to be.

He never was. He just has an unorthodox posture that makes him look awkward, despite the fact that he's consistently boasted among the highest passing accuracy stats in Europe since his days at PSG, and he's not just knocking it around sideways and backwards either. He plays a ridiculously high number of accurate long passes forward.

'Most teams'?

He never was. He just has an unorthodox posture that makes him look awkward, despite the fact that he's consistently boasted among the highest passing accuracy stats in Europe since his days at PSG, and he's not just knocking it around sideways and backwards either. He plays a ridiculously high number of accurate long passes forward.

Many many many more long passes than Manchester United make of course.

'Most teams'?

Many many many more long passes than Manchester United make of course.

I have a dossier that proves otherwise.

• Like 1

'Most teams'?

He looks awkward but isn't was kinda what I was getting at there, Nerf.