The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I am super uncomfortable with people's names being allowed to be released in connection with these kind of allegations.

I'm of the same opinion. What if he's competely not guilty? His reputation is ruined now, guilty or not.

Even before the name, the clues were stupid. "27 year old man in Durham", fine. "Premier League regular who played for England"? Who thought including that tidbit was a fucking good idea?

In fairness, I think the sun just reported an England footballer at first, then the police in Durham confirmed the arrest of a 27 year old for the same offence and people connected the dots, apparently.

In fairness, he seems to be taking it well after the initial "huh, why are you calling me a nonce?" tweets.

Edit: need to lrn2reed apparently, I was referring to the English guy who's name is Adam__Johnson

Don't we know a Chelsea fan living in Milton Keynes...

:shifty:

I was on a dawdling London Midland train that only went as far as Milton Keynes, not a (presumably Virgin) train to Manchester... It's common knowledge that all commuters on slow, crowded LM trains are too busy staving off thoughts of suicide to start bothering anyone else.

I don't mind the reporting of racist dickheads. I am nonetheless slightly annoyed that in the <15 minutes of BBC Breakfast news I have on in the morning, Chelsea incidents get plastered all over it with interviews and so forth, but other clubs' unpleasant activities, such as this from last week, barely get a footnote. And when they do, it inevitably involves the segue of "This comes after Chelsea fans were videoed participating in racist behaviour on the Paris metro..." as though we fucking invented the concept of racist people just a few weeks ago.

Re: Brad Friedel - Sounds good to me. I am certainly all for veteran reserve goalkeepers (like Schwarzer was), even if they only stay for a year each. So much better than the chills that run through you when you realise that you're one injury away from relying on Ross Turnbull.

• Like 1

Certainly not. Everyone knows Chelsea invented racist fans a lot longer ago than a few weeks.

Since it would be far too redundant to point out how much that joke trivialises...I dunno, everything, I shall instead have to limit myself to saying Obvious Punchline is Obvious.

Harry Kane is bound to play in both Spurs games in this game week right? Struggling to decide between him or Eriksen (Vs. Swansea and Vs. QPR) or Aguero (Vs. Leicester).

I know that whenever I pick Aguero it's always been on the wrong week(s) and he scores sod all, so that would depend on your luck. I would certainly pick Kane over Eriksen though.

Harry Kane is bound to play in both Spurs games in this game week right? Struggling to decide between him or Eriksen (Vs. Swansea and Vs. QPR) or Aguero (Vs. Leicester).

Go Aguero, Leicester's morale is low and we are about due a thrashing to cement us going down, plus Man City will be looking to rebound strong after losing to Liverpool.