The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Coutinho is having a great game.

Mingolet's been a bit off today. He's been fantastic the last few weeks.

I miss Sakho.

I can see Sturridge coming on for either Lallana or Markovic.

I'm not sure that's true, the top scorers in the league are Aguero, Costa, Kane and Austin, all out and out strikers. Wide players have come more prominent, but these players play centrally, and lead the line. We've seen the difference having a striker has made for Chelsea this season. If the winger/forward hybrid was more important, they would have been able to win the league when they had Torres etc.

• Like 2

I would imagine there is a more even spread of goals around modern teams due to more fluid tactics. If you look at the past, when the likes of Shearer, Cole, Lineker etc. were scoring 25-30 goals a season, I would imagine they make up a much higher percentage of the team's goals than current strikers do.

More than anything though, I think it's the overtly attacking fullback roles and the ridiculously frenetic pace of the PL that causes most defensive errors.

• Like 2