The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

• Admin
Sky Sources understand Rio Ferdinand has agreed a deal to join Queens Park Rangers on a free transfer after leaving Manchester United earlier this summer.

Carlos Vela has sealed his permanent move to Real Sociedad from Arsenal and signed a four deal to keep him at the Basque club until 2018.
Sky Sports understands West Brom have rejected a second bid from Derby County for midfielder George Thorne.
Fulham have announced the signing of Australian international Adam Taggart from Newcastle Jets.
Northern Ireland international defender Craig Cathcart has joined Watford on a two-year contract. He joins as a free agent at the end of his contract at Blackpool.

• Admin
Kyle Lafferty has confirmed his Palermo exit and says he is sad to be leaving the club, amid reports he is set to sign for Norwich City. It is understood that the 26-year-old underwent his medical at Carrow Road on Monday, ahead of a move to the Championship club.

West Ham are poised to wrap up a 6m deal for Swansea's Michu. lol, right?

Southampton are after Valencia striker Jonas. They're also eyeing a move for Fiorentina's Ante Rebic.

Sunderland are hoping to get Chelsea's Kurt Zouma on a season-long loan.

West Ham have opened talks with Real Mallocar over a 3m deal for Marcos Asensio.

Liverpool have been told by Sevilla they have to pay 20m to sign Alberto Moreno.

• Admin
Barcelona have signed Chile international goalkeeper Claudio Bravo from Real Sociedad.
Leroy Fer has confirmed he is not thinking about leaving Norwich City following the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
Mathieu Debuchy plans to address his Newcastle United future after the World Cup as he admits to missing UEFA Champions League football.

Is Debuchy even good enough for a Champions League team? Certainly none of the English ones anyway. I like him but he's not brilliant by any means.

After deep playmakers, right-back is the most scarce position in football right now and Debuchy is good so yeah.

Leroy Fer has confirmed he is not thinking about leaving Norwich City following the club’s relegation from the Premier League.

Score in World Cup, stay at a Championship team.

Fair play.

Is Debuchy even good enough for a Champions League team? Certainly none of the English ones anyway. I like him but he's not brilliant by any means.

After deep playmakers, right-back is the most scarce position in football right now and Debuchy is good so yeah.

It's really not, left back is always going to be more scarce given that it's the same position and left footed players are rarer.

I still don't rate Debuchy. When I saw him live last year against Fulham I watched the fullbacks carefully because I'm a left back myself and Santon looked leagues ahead of him. His positioning and overall defending are questionable, especially for somebody who's ahead of Sagna in the French team.

When he's actually getting some help (ie. not playing behind Ben Arfa), he's easily our best player, the best right back since Danny Simpson and an extremely beautiful man to boot.