The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

So shouldn't you wait till the window is closed before you assume they haven't got a great signing?

Midfield is the one area of the pitch Arsenal aren't needing immediate reinforcements. Yeah I love to have him back at the club and he is a fantastic player but I'd rather have a fantastic striker and our current midfield, than him and a patchy Giroud up front.

Fabregas would have been a terrible signing for Arsenal, despite being an excellent player.

Wenger got it right. It would have upset the quality central midfielders he HAS got and who are on an upwards trajectory. He's better off spending the money where Arsenal NEED new players - like up front...and on the wings....and in central defence...and at full back...and a holding midfielder.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree, Ozil possibly excepted, but they'd have been daft to blow a significant portion of their budget on a player they don't need when there are positions they need to improve significantly. If it were a case of fine tuning their side they'd be silly not to take him but as it is there are far more important things for them to spend their money on.

How is this lol Arsenal? :/

Because despite having a huge war chest and the opportunity to sign one of the best players to play for Arsenal over the past ten years, you didn't.

Honestly it's like Arsenal deliberately do this shit for the sake of lowering expectations, you sign a £50m player last season and yet you're getting ready to sign your marquee signing Carlos Vela on a £3.5m buyback clause while everyone else is getting their business done before the World Cup.

There is still 2 months until the start of the season, I would hardly call Vela the marquee signing when there is still another half a month on top of that to the transfer deadline

PSG want to sign all the brazilians, the next one being Oscar.

Liverpool are close to signing Schalke's starlet Max Meyer for 8m.

Arsenal want Bressan from Grêmio. lol he's shit

Montpellier chairman Louis Nicollin claims he's being treated like an idiot after Newcastle bid 8m for Remy Cabella.

Leicester want Brighton's Leo Ulloa and Feyenoord's Graziano Pellè.

Feyenoord are looking to sign Man City's John Guidetti permanently.

Hull are interested in Sheffield Utd's centre-back Harry Maguire.