The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

How is this lol Arsenal? :/

Because despite having a huge war chest and the opportunity to sign one of the best players to play for Arsenal over the past ten years, you didn't.

Honestly it's like Arsenal deliberately do this shit for the sake of lowering expectations, you sign a £50m player last season and yet you're getting ready to sign your marquee signing Carlos Vela on a £3.5m buyback clause while everyone else is getting their business done before the World Cup.

Although I'm pretty sure they've forgotten that Fabregas is even a footballer and have just convinced themselves that they need to bring him back because he was there as a youngster, that it's his 'destiny'

ADRDestiny.png

ADRDestiny2.png

So totally called this two years ago (H)

Because despite having a huge war chest and the opportunity to sign one of the best players to play for Arsenal over the past ten years, you didn't.

Honestly it's like Arsenal deliberately do this shit for the sake of lowering expectations, you sign a £50m player last season and yet you're getting ready to sign your marquee signing Carlos Vela on a £3.5m buyback clause while everyone else is getting their business done before the World Cup.

If you're going to lol arsenal every time they don't sign a superstar player, you'd be there all day :/ if you honestly believe Vela will be the biggest signing we make then you're as bad as Ant saying we'd go down because we lost to Aston Villa at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

They have since changed it, but here is how the official Barcelona website's farewell to Cesc Fabregas initially read: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

Cesc Fàbregas: three years in numbers

The midfielder is leaving FC Barcelona after scoring 42 goals in 151 matches. There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club

Astonishingly petty...

If you're going to lol arsenal every time they don't sign a superstar player, you'd be there all day :/ if you honestly believe Vela will be the biggest signing we make then you're as bad as Ant saying we'd go down because we lost to Aston Villa at the beginning of the season.

Ahem, direct from the horses mouth via facebook.

"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return. Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future."

This wasn't not signing a player, it was deliberately passing up a player who would have actually wanted to go to Arsenal had they made an offer.

So if they're going to pass up a chance to sign a player of that quality for that price, they'd better have one hell of a signing planned.