The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Fuck, I knew we'd sell Howard Webb eventually. :(

You already did, last season to us, we're loaning him out to Villa.

Slightly (very) off-topic, I keep getting thrown by that small WWE logo in your signature over Ryder's arm :lol: Bet Ryder's tampered with that himself. "No I am definitely still in WWE!"

Back on topic, Senderos is reminding me of someone and I can't for the life of me think who.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2649573/Erik-Lamela-Hugo-Lloris-not-sold-Spurs-new-boss-Mauricio-Pochettino-refuses-offers-pair.html

I hope it's true that Lloris and Lamela will not be going anywhere. It's certainly the right stance to take.

Not so happy about the rumours of Spurs willing to accept offers for Sandro. :(

This season is really make or break for Lamela in the Prem. Pochettino should have a positive impact on him but considering he cost 30mil (Did have some injury problems and a change in management to contend with) he's gonna have to start to live up to that price tag. It does take players time to do it sometimes but other times it doesn't work.

You definitely need to keep hold off Lloris though, he's the best keeper in the Prem imo but if PSG came sniffing around it'll be hard to keep him, could see it being a stay for another season and see what happens in terms of if Spurs can get back into Europe or not.

Actual Lukaku comments:

"With Chelsea I saw a lot of good strikers come and go the last years, so we'll see what the future brings. I know a lot of clubs are interested in me, but first I want to play a good WC. If we do well there, everyone wins."

Invented Lukaku comments:

You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker, said Lukaku. I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Etoo and Demba Ba and going, Whoah! Whats happening here?

But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me. At this stage, I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. Thats very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer. And I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view.

Good show, Daily Mail/Telegraph.

• Like 1

I love Demba Ba and think Eto'o is still good but Lukaku is leagues ahead of the two of them. Mourinho was right in selling Mata but if they let one of the most complete strikers in the world go at age 20, then it'd be a huge mistake.

It'd be pretty funny if they let both Courtois and Lukaku move on though.

I love Demba Ba and think Eto'o is still good but Lukaku is leagues ahead of the two of them. Mourinho was right in selling Mata but if they let one of the most complete strikers in the world go at age 20, then it'd be a huge mistake.

Hilarious!

Hilarious!

They already released him.