The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Portland Timbers have offered Joleon Lescott a two-million dollar contract, according to Taylor Twellman who has become a pretty reliable source on MLS transfer news.

Lampard has confirmed that he's off.

EDIT: replaced silly tweet snippets with full statement:

"When I arrived at this fantastic club 13 years ago I would never have believed that I would be fortunate enough to play so many games and enjoy sharing in so much success.

"This club has become part of my life and I have so many people to thank for the opportunity. Firstly, Ken Bates, who put his neck on the line to sign me as a young player and without him I would not have even begun this experience.

"Roman Abramovich, the man who saved our Club and took us all to new levels. His desire to push the Club to the top of the football world has rubbed off on everyone.

"All the managers and coaches who have helped me develop my game during the time I have been here. I have learnt from every one of them.

"All the brilliant team mates who I have been lucky enough to train and play alongside for so long. Not just their football qualities but also the friendships I have gained along the way.

"I'd also like to give a special mention to all the staff and people behind the scenes at the club who do not receive the glory but without them the Club would simply not function.

"The club will move forward, and as a Chelsea man I have no doubt that with the quality of the players that are there, they will continue with the success that we have all enjoyed over the past seasons.

"Finally and most importantly, I would like to thank the Chelsea fans. I believe they are the greatest fans in world football. You have supported me from the moment I arrived. Not only on the pitch, but in difficult moments in my personal life off the pitch. I will never forget.

"I feel honoured to have shared so many special times with you. Bolton, Amsterdam, Munich, the list goes on and on. I, and we as a team, could not have achieved those moments without your support.

"Whatever the next challenge is for me I will always be amongst you and have Chelsea in my home and in my heart. Hopefully I will get to see you all soon to say goodbye properly. In the meantime thank you for the memories and keep making history!"

• Admin
Adam Lallana has told Southampton he wants to be allowed to leave St Mary's when he returns from the World Cup in Brazil. The midfielder has not put in a transfer request but has made his feelings known to Southampton.
Let the saga commence!

I still think that type of thing is stupid. "I want to leave but I don't want to give up my loyalty bonus so I'm not officially putting in a transfer request but..."

• Like 1

There was the whole Terry/Cole/Cech/Lampard photo after the last game at Stamford Bridge leading everyone to think those 4 could be leaving but that's about it that I heard. I was under the impression that everyone was expecting one more season.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get some sort of farewell match sooner or later though.

He is one of our best players ever (I would say the best). He's going to get a statue one day and all sorts.

He's been almost leaving for a few seasons now (I think it was the season before last when everyone got really riled about the possibility of him not getting a new contract). He's beaten the records. He's clearly drifted into being a bit-part player now. There's a sense of wanting what's best for him rather than clinging desperately on ala "NO YOU MUST STAY HERE FOREVER...even you end up playing only 10 games, or pushed into a coaching role you may not want, etc.". Some players are happy to shrink into the background, others not.

You say Chelsea fans don't seem to give a shit - I'm not sure what you expect from us? To be wailing in the streets? Are we just not immature enough for you?

We have faith that Lamps has chosen what he wants and we can't begrudge him for it: we love him too much.